Huawei HiLink modems (E303, E3131, etc.)

JimM

Expert Member

You risk a 25 year jail term for changing an IMEI.

Last edited:

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
oh :(
we just need it for studying purposes

What are you studying? That all sounds very ominous. The IMEI is used to lock down and identify a specific device on the network, hence it being hardwired into each device. Flashing these to remove or alter the IMEI is basically bypassing all the security that is put in place, I see no studying that would require this. It is like attending a gunsmith course that requires you to file down and alter a firearm's serial no.

Web Programmer

What are you studying? That all sounds very ominous. The IMEI is used to lock down and identify a specific device on the network, hence it being hardwired into each device. Flashing these to remove or alter the IMEI is basically bypassing all the security that is put in place, I see no studying that would require this. It is like attending a gunsmith course that requires you to file down and alter a firearm's serial no.

Thanks my friend for advise me

sajunky

Honorary Master
The IMEI is used to lock down and identify a specific device on the network, hence it being hardwired into each device. Flashing these to remove or alter the IMEI is basically bypassing all the security that is put in place,...
Incorrect. It is a SIM card which has to be indentified on the network. IMEI was supposed to identify and block defective devices from accessing network. Purpose of IMEI had been extended to a number of functions and even incorporated into a law. Because of the law our advice apply, but not a reasoning.