Huawei P20 / P20 Plus

Scary_Turtle

I have the P20 and I'm having a problem.

I got a screen protector and now I cant unlock the screen without touch-disable mode popping up all the time. The phone finds the screen protector as a blockage so I have to press the off button and up at the same time after every unlock.

I have googled and tried to follow the steps but there is no touch-disable mode turn off on the P20.

Anyone had the same problem and can help or should I just buy a new cover.

Sumen

Expert Member
See, personally judging from the above video, the normal P20's camera is actual better than the S9+ and P20 Pro.

Sumen

Expert Member
Full Review:https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p20-review-1749.php

Huawei P20 Review

The Verdict

The Huawei P20 comes from a well-established flagship breed, which has never disappointed us. The focus on the camera this year didn't tip the scales against other features such as design and display. The P20 is as stunningly beautiful as it is powerful. And while the notched screen isn't everybody's favorite, it is the top pick of the season, and we can't argue with people's choice.

The dual-camera got a behind the scenes upgrade with a new sensor, better lens, 960fps slow-mo capturing, and some advanced machine learning to help you take the best snaps. The latter has some more learning to do, for sure, but it has already impressed us with that tripod-free long-shutter night shots.

Pros

Stunning looks and great build quality

Excellent screen, and you can hide the notch

Great main camera day or night, color or monochrome

Dependable performance

Feature-rich software
Cons

Smudges and glass don't go together

No IP67 rating, don't dunk it in water

Taking a sharp selfie is a tough job with this fixed focus camera

Sure, the Huawei P20 could have been better. Water-proofing would have made it on par with the competition, an audio jack would have made it easier to swallow the lack of the ingress protection. But the relatively low for a flagship price is what makes those omissions forgivable.
The Huawei P20 turned out a well-rounded device, providing an excellent alternative to the more expensive P20 Pro. It's as beautiful and as powerful, while its camera isn't that inferior to the Pro's. Finally, the Huawei P20 price makes sense, and in a few months from now when it settles down even further, the smartphone has the potential to become the company's high-end best-seller.

Iwojima

Expert Member
Picked up the Pro last week (along with a free P Smart) and am impressed so far, particularly with battery life, finger print sensor and camera. I took a gamble as a long time Galaxy user but it seems to be safe choice.

Iwojima

Expert Member
Finding the best way to get the most out of the camera on the Pro is to pay attention to the shooting modes and opt for Professional mode where possible. Aperture mode for example is best used on subjects under 2m in distance and produces better shots than the default mode. I will admit that my Samsung used to handle a wider array of situations through it's default mode, but picture quality of the Huawei ends up being superior in all scenarios so far.

Last edited:

Dolby

Honorary Master
I have a question for owners :

If you have have Google Photos to update automatically on WIFi, and join then are in range of a WiFi AP - will it upload automatically? Or will it still require human intervention? ie Open the app?

irBosOtter

Expert Member
I have a question for owners :

If you have have Google Photos to update automatically on WIFi, and join then are in range of a WiFi AP - will it upload automatically? Or will it still require human intervention? ie Open the app?
Starts uploads immediately if connected to wifi, or at least mine does, no need to open the App

Dolby

Honorary Master
Starts uploads immediately if connected to wifi, or at least mine does, no need to open the App
That's so weird.

MY P9 used to start automatically ... but my Mate 10 required me to open the app. Stupid, because I can go weeks without opening the app and then nothing backs up

Syphonx

Expert Member
That's so weird.

MY P9 used to start automatically ... but my Mate 10 required me to open the app. Stupid, because I can go weeks without opening the app and then nothing backs up
Check the app permissions/priority. Had the same with WhatsApp until I delved 4 layers deep into settings to fix it.

Syphonx

Expert Member
That's so weird.

Check the app permissions/priority. Had the same with WhatsApp until I delved 4 layers deep into settings to fix it.

Almost, almost went ahead and had a flutter on the p20 pro. Common sense (the one in my wallet) won the day. I watched plenty of youtube reviews in high definition and this is a great phone.