kevin.cowdrey

I recently read an article on Mybroadband, promoting https://huaweistore.co.za/. A link to the article can be found below:

link to article here

Given the reputation of Mybroadband, I went ahead and bought a huawei b618 router on the store on Nov 30, 2019 (9 days ago). I have not received any feedback from them, and find it IMPOSSIBLE to get through on the phone. Please see order below:

I would like to know if anyone has some advice of what I can do?

Pulserider

I must say I have received good service from them in the past. Ordered my P20 and within 2 days I got it.

Huawei

Company Representative
Company Rep
I recently read an article on Mybroadband, promoting https://huaweistore.co.za/. A link to the article can be found below:

link to article here

Given the reputation of Mybroadband, I went ahead and bought a huawei b618 router on the store on Nov 30, 2019 (9 days ago). I have not received any feedback from them, and find it IMPOSSIBLE to get through on the phone. Please see order below:

View attachment 754286

I would like to know if anyone has some advice of what I can do?
Hi Kevin

Sorry for the delay in getting your router delivered. Please PM your details and we will push for the delivery.

dunkyd

Executive Member
And when will you answer my question posted about a 12 volt cable for my 612 to use direct to battery during load shedding ?

kevin.cowdrey

Hi Kevin

Sorry for the delay in getting your router delivered. Please PM your details and we will push for the delivery.

Good day,

After waiting for two weeks and trying to phone the "Mustek-Managed" Huawei online store, I was told that the router is discontinued. A router I bought on the website (which said there was stock) is now suddenly discontinued.

After probably 10 more phone calls to the Huawei online store hotline, I managed to finally get a refund. The refund is correct in my back account, but the proof of refund they sent me is of a different customer (Different amount, card holder, reference number etc...). So they sent me private information of someone else.

In conclusion, this whole experience was terrible, and I don't know what is going on at the online store, but it seems to be an administrative nightmare with zero communication to customers (in my experience).

Regards.

MirageF1

Executive Member
I have read similar experiences about their so called "drop in" service centres in major cities....
Free battery replacements/screen repairs that were offered for limited model phones but it seemed v few could ever avail themselves due to understocked centres/lengthy replacement times or clueless staff.

I never bothered driving to other side of CT to test my patience.

The_Hobbit

Honorary Master
Huawei don't supply or support them. When you hook it up to the 12v output of your power supply, make sure you get the polarity right - the inner ring Vs the outer ring of the connector must output the right polarity (+ or -). Your existing Huawei power supply will cue you in to which is which. It will have an image on the back for that. Post the image here if you want assistance.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I have read similar experiences about their so called "drop in" service centres in major cities....
Free battery replacements/screen repairs that were offered for limited model phones but it seemed v few could ever avail themselves due to understocked centres/lengthy replacement times or clueless staff.

I never bothered driving to other side of CT to test my patience.
For clarity, the Huawei store is actually operated and managed by Mustek. Experience there is not reflective of what you'll get in the Huawei stores (although I have to say I have only ever had good experiences with the online store.)

Amanda89

I have a Huawei P9 plus very decent device but something vibration does not work