Huawei Y7p - No GMS? No Problem!

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
What do you mean optimise it for the Huawei store? Isn't APK's the same?

Dolby

Honorary Master
I actually agree.

I got the M30P and people told me that I wouldn't get anything working on the phone - but I've pretty much got 95% of the apps I use, including all my local apps like EskomSePush or MyBroadband.

The first 2 days, I took my older phone with me in case I ran into issues, but I'm finding I can do almost everything without it.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
I actually agree.

I got the M30P and people told me that I wouldn't get anything working on the phone - but I've pretty much got 95% of the apps I use, including all my local apps like EskomSePush or MyBroadband.

The first 2 days, I took my older phone with me in case I ran into issues, but I'm finding I can do almost everything without it.
Im Jelous.. i want the M30 pro, Never will i be able to afford it though lol.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
I got my hands on one of the first HMS phones that will be launched in SA. Made my first video. Lemme know what you think.

Fantastic video man, very informative! Thanks a lot!

Gets me how Huawei keep putting those huge 4000mAh batteries in all their phones, they literally want to ensure that you know that no matter what price point you get their phones at, great battery life is guaranteed, absolutely love their consistency on this.

Such a shame about MTN and Vodacom electing to strip the dual SIM functionality, I absolutely love it on my P30 Pro

chefdude98

Expert Member
I actually agree.

Which apps or features aren't working?

Dave

Honorary Master
I actually agree.

Have you got Netflix working (in HD)?

Dolby

Honorary Master
Which apps or features aren't working?
I'll upload a list soon.

Biggest for me were Uber (I haven't tried the browser yet, but they say that works) end YouTube Music, as I had a subscription and used it my car. I've defaulted back up to Spotify for the time being

The Entertainer end AirBNB give me Google Errors on startup, but once I clear the errors I can use the apps with no issue, barring live maps.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Sorry to hijack the thread - but I've got most apps downloaded from Aptiode.

Huawei Gallery
AptoideNote
WhatsAppYesYes (Trusted)
ChromeNoYes (Trusted)
InstagramNoYes (Trusted)
FacebookYesYes (Trusted)
Facebook MessengerNoYes (Trusted)
News24YesYes (Trusted)
MyBroadbandNoYes (Trusted)
XE CurrencyYesYes (Trusted)
EskomSePushYesYes (Trusted)
DropboxNoYes (Trusted)
AirBNBYesYes (Trusted)Google Services - No Maps
The EntertainerYesYes (Trusted)Google Services - No Maps
SnapSeedNoYes (Trusted)
22SevenYesYes (Trusted)
WazeNoYes (Trusted)
RainBirdNoYes
SpotifyYesYes (Trusted)
EZVIZNoYes (Trusted)
eWeLinkNoYes (Trusted)
BlueOSNoYes (Trusted)

chefdude98

Expert Member
So does Waze work perfectly on a non Google certified phone?

Doesn't Google own waze?

Its cool that Huawei is teaming up with Tomtom though.

It doesn't seem so hectic not having google services.

Can you logon to youtube app & comment on a video?

Btw this is the perfect opportunity for Huawei to optimise apps and make them run perfectly on their phones.

Huawei might be the only Android device that has been optimised for Snapchat, Instagram live etc.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
You know what I find really interesting...

Huawei Matebook - the new one. Flipping awesome. Complete with either Intel or AMD Ryzen CPU... Preloaded with Windows and Office...

If Intel, AMD and Microsoft can get it right, are Google being a bunch of softcocks?

tRoN

Executive Member
Does it mean all local models sold will be only single sim capable?