ICASA compliance reports 2011

Sodan

Expert Member
What's "End user and subscriber service charter regulations" mean?

Electron1

Expert Member
Well done to Vodacom for being the best at meeting most of the regulations. :D

Looking through the reports, the payments made seem to be based on profits made in the last financial year, showing that Vodacom are making a S..tload - nice for shareholders, not so nice for the customers (as has been said many times over).

Interesting to see that the total paid in compliance fees in the reports is R 474,220,361.09 of which over half (R 253,187,348.13) was paid by Vodacom! Telkom was next biggest payer (R 105,472,903.38). MTN was the next biggest payer of overall regulatory fees (R 93,606,538.78). Cell-C and Neotel did not make profits so did not need to pay General license fees, only paid USAF fees according to the reports.

So more proof that Vodacom and Telkom and MTN can lower their pricing ! :D:D:D

Last edited:

Electron1

Expert Member
Thanks AvatarS for posting that.

I really like section 5.1 (d) Licensees must formally resolve all complaints from the complainants within fourteen (14) days of receipt thereof.

If only. I will be sure to quote this one when following up on problems in future....:D:twisted:

kimbo

Expert Member
Code on People with Disabilities Regulations ... please explain

brettmcalister

How is it possible for CellC to have no view on the "General License fees regulations" Isn't it compulsory because it's a compliance thing?

FinancialGuy

Slowly the real story, Cell C's desperately been hiding, is coming out. This report shows they're running at a loss and the recently leaked financials showed it got substantially worse over the last year. Far from saving them, selling data took them from making a loss to making an even greater loss.

Now we have the real reason the previous CEO left so suddenly for 'personal' reasons. Feel for the poor chap that must untangle this mess.

SammyDavisSnr

Slowly the real story, Cell C's desperately been hiding, is coming out. This report shows they're running at a loss and the recently leaked financials showed it got substantially worse over the last year. Far from saving them, selling data took them from making a loss to making an even greater loss.

Now we have the real reason the previous CEO left so suddenly for 'personal' reasons. Feel for the poor chap that must untangle this mess.
leaked financials?? where do I find those??

SammyDavisSnr

If you have disabilities, operators must do some special things for you ... but remember, stupidity is not a disability :)

kwaggawerner

Congrats to Cell C!

Let's hope they can just get their data-side of things a bit better! (i.e larger footprint, better latency, no idle disconnections, etc)

zamicro

Expert Member
Thanks AvatarS for posting that.

I really like section 5.1 (d) Licensees must formally resolve all complaints from the complainants within fourteen (14) days of receipt thereof.

If only. I will be sure to quote this one when following up on problems in future....:D:twisted:
As long as government is getting its cut, who cares about the consumer? :twisted: