ICC Twenty20 2014

This match was being used as a testing bed for batting order changes, I guess.

It just became a massive game for us. Ridiculous...

100% agreed. Massive, massive in the context of the pool and NRR. Stuff this up and we are potentially heading home early and because of NRR.

I am beyond gob-smacked at the lack of foresight in this team. Surely the coach should be ensuring success at all costs? Or is he the reason for this?

For heavens' sakes this is the WORLD CUP and not a stuff around experiement match!

/heads off to steam off :mad:
 
What a rubbish performance. They've learnt nothing, can't bat under pressure and Steyn is still coming in at 8.
 
destroyed by the might dutch:

BATSMEN OUT : Quinton de Kock 0, Hashim Amla 43, Faf du Plessis 24, AB de Villiers 21, Albie Morkel 5, JP Duminy 12, Dale Steyn 5, Beuran Hendricks 3, David Miller 17
 
Not our best performance by far, but surely we should still be able to win *touch wood*
 
This tweet from CSA goes a long way to explaining today's batting performance!! I'll say it again Russel is a chump and shouldn't be coaching anything other than a domestic club side!

I don't know why we mucking around with this clown when you have Jennings waiting in the wings?? Anyway...

lieOUUk.png
 
We should still absolutely win. I can't see the Dutch putting more than 100 past us unless their top order fire again (which they certainly can).

Our NRR is at risk here though.

I can understand why the coaching staff chose to push Albie up the order. He needs time at the crease to build his confidence. It made sense and I can't fault them for trying it out. Other than that there weren't very many experiments. There were however monumental failures by the batsmen. QdK, AB, and Faf need to get their T20 thinking caps on, because they're currently not approaching the game correctly imo, and this forces them into making poor judgement calls, resulting in stupid dismissals...
 
Netherlands scored 163 against England in 2009, so they still in for a win perhaps?
 
Dale? Sorry mate, we need you in destroying form again cause your batting team mates fscked up again
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X