Mike Hoxbig
Honorary Master
Hate saying it... and Parnell is also a "quota" player!
Well he used to be poor, but he's looking in great touch these days. He deserves to be there IMO...
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Hate saying it... and Parnell is also a "quota" player!
I'm not implying that he is not a good player.... He's already good and is going to be a great international allrounder!Well he used to be poor, but he's looking in great touch these days. He deserves to be there IMO...
Not me doing so... I understood your post perfectly well.Please don't take my points out of context.
It's not the quota aspect I have an issue with, it's the entitled attitude that Lopsy shows errday.
The whole "quota" player issue grates my carrot!!!I don't think anyone did really.
I just responded to your statement about Parnell and read into it too much.
I'm not implying that he is not a good player.... He's already good and is going to be a great international allrounder!
But Duminy isn't in the team to bowl. He might turn the arm for a few overs, but that's not his primary role. Lopsy is a liability in everything he does - easily the worst fielder too...
Precisely, but why must Duminy bowl?JP is a batsman who has been "forced" to bowl and take on the additional responsibility. FatLopsy is a specialist bowler who can do nothing else.
This plus he's slow, reaction time worse than the SAPDon't think he should even bowl here. He's useless with the bat and even worse in the field. With Parnell in the team, there's no reason to play him - he's a better bowler and fielder, and a much better batsman.
Just can't wait for tomorrow, it's going to be a very exciting game
*happy thoughts happy thoughts*yeah, its going to be a long night waiting. Hopefully, no nightmares..
Yip a competitive game would be preferred, either that or we must completely destroy them. everyone must come to the party, bowlers and batsmen. Fielding must be aggressive on the front foot all the time, restricting runs and FFS...no dropped catches.Lets hope it is competitive . I still fancy our faster men against the Indians . if things do go sour it will most likely be the batsmen doing silly things against their spinners....
We're sorely to be disappointed tomorrow. Mark my words.