IEC's voting registration turns chaotic

now05ster

Expert Member
It worked when I registered my wife last week. Took about a week to get the sms stating successful.

My registration attempt keeps on coming back as "Pls upload a clearer picture of Green ID book/Temporary ID Certificate/or the FRONT of your Smart card, for faster processing of your voter reg. application.IEC"

It's the same phone used to take my wife's ID and also the same green ID type. Sure, my photo's contrast is abysmal, but I don't think that it fails because my picture is "too white".

#whitefragility

erMaC

Mobile app (on Android) was flakey, but it eventually let me update my address.

Reactions: "D"

"D"

Expert Member
It worked when I registered my wife last week. Took about a week to get the sms stating successful.
Got to wonder whether the website(s) will be accepting registrations up until 1 November ... but the sms issue could prevent successful registrations at a later date in Sept/Oct...

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Got to wonder whether the website(s) will be accepting registrations up until 1 November ... but the sms issue could prevent successful registrations at a later date in Sept/Oct...

The voters roll must close on the day the election is proclaimed. That is likely to be on Monday 20th.

Edit: From their website:
Monday - 20 September 2021
Proclamation of Election

Close of Voters Roll (s6(1))

Opening of candidate nomination, submission of party list and payment of deposits

So they are going to allow candidate re-registration...
Tuesday - 21 September 2021
Open inspection voters' roll for objections to voters’ roll additions

Cut-off date: Party must submit a party list with documents and deposit (s14)

Closure of nomination of candidates

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: "D"

rvZA

Executive Member
"mapping functionality on the website."

The moment you need to 'map functionality on your website' you know you are in big s**t.

Might just as well have built a normal HTML site with a flat text file to house registration data.