IEC's voting registration turns chaotic

ponder

Honorary Master

markings

Expert Member
"The person who shared the image, who appeared to be an election official, told the IEC he could not report it directly to the helpdesk as he did not have airtime to do so."

And none of the other election staff, or even people who came to register, had airtime either.

now05ster

Expert Member
It worked when I registered my wife last week. Took about a week to get the sms stating successful.

My registration attempt keeps on coming back as "Pls upload a clearer picture of Green ID book/Temporary ID Certificate/or the FRONT of your Smart card, for faster processing of your voter reg. application.IEC"

It's the same phone used to take my wife's ID and also the same green ID type. Sure, my photo's contrast is abysmal, but I don't think that it fails because my picture is "too white".

#whitefragility
Retried again this morning for the umpteenth time, 30 min later received SMS advising that my registration was successful.

I really need to get the card ID with an updated photo.

The address lookup issue is resolved as well.

Shadowchaser1

So there is nothing positive ever happening in SA? Legit question. Still have a friend or 2 in SA.

RedDevil7108

It worked for me now using Tor Browser 10.5.5 (based on Mozilla Firefox 78.13.0esr) (64-bit)

Now I'm waiting for the Online Reference Number so I can do the ID verification...
Thanks man,
This was my last attempt as I was getting so annoyed at the address finder, this resolved it eventually, still kept on getting errors on address finder, but at least with Tor it gave me the section/page to manually fill in address and got to register...
Cheers

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Wish there was a way where you could influence most of the country to vote anything but ANC just prior to voting day, so that the ANC will have the minority of votes.

*sigh*

*looks at calendar*

42 days to election...

PrimeSteak

Expert Member
Wish there was a way where you could influence most of the country to vote anything but ANC just prior to voting day, so that the ANC will have the minority of votes.

*sigh*

*looks at calendar*

42 days to election...
A lot of people here might mock me for this but I think the ANC will take some hits this election, maybe not massive ones but hits nonetheless, I don't see the ANC doing anything here in the WC but I'm curious to see how the other provinces will fare

R13...

Honorary Master

*sigh*

*looks at calendar*

42 days to election...
The ANC voters are supposed to be sheep who pick the ANC because they get KFC and a t shirt. Seems to me they ought to be easy to persuade to vote different. Offer them an extra piece in the KFC, and replace t shirt with sweater, no?

PrimeSteak

Expert Member

ponder

Honorary Master
There's a reasonable explanation, the WMC puppet went there without any t-shirts and KFC, that's why they were angry.

KFC is kuk, gimme...

DecZtoSWkAAufNK

• Haha
Reactions: "D"

j4ck455

Executive Member

*sigh*

*looks at calendar*

42 days to election...
You really don't want to rub that genie up (or the lamp it calls home) because your wish will be fulfilled with a critical mass of voters voting for the EFFoff putty instead of the cANCer putty.

Better the devil you know than the Juju devil you really don't want having any more power than it already has.