I'm always Hungry Ever since i started cycling

koeks

Expert Member
good morning people. Ever since i started cycling, I'm always hungry.:sick: I cycle for about 9kms in the morning and for about 10kms in the afternoon.

I guess this is a sign that the metabolism is hard at work. or i am wrong?:rolleyes:

I think I'm also seeing some positive results... i will post pictures soon... i have the before and after pictures... :D

thedutchman

Expert Member
i cycled 52 km two days ago, didnt really feel hungry, just the need to get a kfc ice cream :D

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Cycling is much easier than running. Try running a marathon! That deserves a medal.

medicnick83

Paramedic
52km is nothing.

Try doing 200km - I almost died.

The most I can do (without training) is the Argus Cycle Tour (109km)

I did my best time last year and I didn't even train ;)

thedutchman

Expert Member
well i didnt train either :) i just felt like cycling, like forest gump felt like running, lol... my legs were hurting though

syntax

Executive Member
When i am doing proper training i also am hungry all the time, which is why my meals are usually split up to around 5 throughout the day....i eat something every +-3 hours or so...

Mila

Honorary Master
:eek:
good morning people. Ever since i started cycling, I'm always hungry.:sick: I cycle for about 9kms in the morning and for about 10kms in the afternoon.

I guess this is a sign that the metabolism is hard at work. or i am wrong?:rolleyes:

I think I'm also seeing some positive results... i will post pictures soon... i have the before and after pictures... :D
I know the feeling.... everybody else seems to be off food when finished gymming..... me, i can eat a horse. What is worse is there is a very nice steakhouse next to the gym.

I try to hold out for at least an hour after training but it's hard cause i'm hungry...:eek:

blunomore

Honorary Master
52km is nothing.

All well and good...but how are those knots coming along? :D

Jewelbox

Expert Member
Try taking in fluids while cycling then you won't feel hungry afterwards.

Pitbull

Verboten
Eat allot of Carbs and keep your body full of fluids. You just kick started your Metabolism and it will stabilise after a while.

.Froot.

Executive Member
52km is nothing.

I do 200km rides for training rides. They take a lot out of you but dying? :D

chemfis

At the risk of seeming mind numbingly boring, cycling is incredibly efficient and uses some of the largest muscles in your body and consequently burns lots of energy. You should therefore always carry an energy bar or something with you as hitting glycogen depletion is extremely unpleasant on a bike.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
At the risk of seeming mind numbingly boring, cycling is incredibly efficient and uses some of the largest muscles in your body and consequently burns lots of energy. You should therefore always carry an energy bar or something with you as hitting glycogen depletion is extremely unpleasant on a bike.
Just legs actually. Running requires you to drag your entire body weight with each step. Running > cycling.

Waaib

Executive Member
Try increasing protein intake. It works for me. More protein means I'm less hungry. - I'm not talking about a kilo of steak, just a protein bar or shake extra in the morning or after you ride.

The before pic is slightly more important than the after pic I reckon.

.Froot.

Executive Member
Just legs actually. Running requires you to drag your entire body weight with each step. Running > cycling.
Sort of true. It mostly works out the legs, but also has an effect on the back, stomach and triceps...

koeks

Expert Member
I still need a lot of training for that. And a proper road bicycle. :D