iMessage activation issue

Satho84

Thanks guys, I have also been having this issue for quiet sometimes and it made me realized how useless and clueless is Vodacom tech support team.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Forgot to come back, so after a ceo complaint (worthless), Twitter complaint (more worthless) and a hello Peter complaint, I got someone that actually knew what was going on, he informed me that the tech team is unable to resolve it, it’s an issue on apples side and Apple refuses to deal with them on behalf of the client.

I call bullshit on that, each network carrier needs approval to sell Apple devices meaning they have their own client and technical liaisons, if this is a problem affecting only their network, weather it’s 1 or hundreds of clients, they would have direct access to far higher priority support than a normal user would, and if it’s an issue of apples servers rejecting their messages, as they claim, it’s a wider issue than just individuals, and is technically still a network issue which needs to be resolved between the network and Apple.

I have however contacted Apple and am waiting for them to tell me Vodacom is talking out of their assholes. Just gives me more ammo to force them to allow me to port out early, assuming I am able to get hold of yet another competent person, although I fear the person I spoke to may be the only one.

Maybe if enough of us raise issues with Apple, Apple will get the message and go kak out Vodacom directly for damaging their reputation.

iEverything

I have raised this with Apple and gotten to 2nd line support and have even shared my screen with them so they can watch the error, they also took logs. Even though the call is still open they have gone quiet because the issue is not on their side. I heard that there is an issue on the Vodafone end and they are trying to escalate it via Vodafone Ireland. Vodacom say they are sending the sms but it is getting rejected on ‘the other side’ of the network so they are unable to resolve. It’s crazy - they even wanted my Apple case ID and contact so they could speak to them and like you I was thinking ‘surely you have your own SLA and agreements in place @ the right level for this and should not be using your customer’s call ID’

Byronsingaram

I also raised the issue with apple support after Vodacom were unable to assist and got as far as 2nd level support , my case has also gone quiet . Apple said the issue is on the Vodacom carrier network . Case Ref : 101335913694 . Contacted Vodacom on Twitter as well and send logs and multiple messages , but no resolution ..

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Lucky they botched the 2nd port, otherwise I would be dealing with this nonsense on my mother’s line as well. I managed to get that cancelled and am now porting her to mtn.

While I would prefer to keep my number, which by now is like 20 years old, I am not sticking with these incompetent dumb twats till May.

If push comes to shove I’ll just get a new line, I am anti social, so like only 20 people would need my new number.

Added bonus would be that I could stop ignoring the SMSs from the SABC, as they’d not arrive. LoL

iEverything

An actual phone number is so less relevant in these times as well - your either belong to Apple or Google and that ID is your number.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Just got an update from Apple, their social media support is also very helpful.

66de6f76fd7678eb5b52f7a56671489b.jpg

I apologized to her, I feel like the responses are feminine, could be wrong. I do believe this is a waste of time, but I need a written reason to go all nuclear on their asses and either Apple does fine an issue or Apple tells me Vodacom is blowing smoke up my rear.

While I’m too old or mature or whatever to actually get passed off at **** like this, like it’s not a valuable use of my time to get upset over them being complete and utter morons, the ANC is in charge of the “education” system, but I am extremely foot at activating “angry mode”.

I very quickly got the discovery guy to listen after threatening to hang up if I did not calm down by asking is he was a 5 year old girl and if I was hurting his delegate feelings. Emasculation can be a powerful tool when dealing with the incompetents of the world.

baharini

I've been experiencing this exact issue, to a T. Extremely frustrating that we're basically helpless here. Hoping Vodacom fixes this soon, as @iEverything had mentioned they're at least aware of their problem.

Same issue here when I had to restore my phone back to factory settings. Major problems since then. As I’m out of contract thinking I may just port to MTN.

KiJvV

I have also been experiencing this issue since yesterday after getting a new sim on my Vodacom contract. Hope this gets resolved soon.

DieBaard

So after struggling with this issue myself playing with ALL the setting, APN's, Wi-Fi, Hotspot, Mobile Data, phoning Vodacom's support line about 5 times and getting a different answer every time. On top of that wasting about R30's additional airtime on Failed to Send SMS's to the 44786xxxx number. I finally found this forum last night.

For the life of me I could not figure it out, everything was working 100% fine up until Friday evening when I switched over from pre-paid and took out a Vodacom contract.

Here is to hoping this gets resolved ASAP as it is such an annoyance!

I am afraid that I do not hold out much hope. I spent more than 2 hours going backwards and forwards with Vodacom online support where they appear to be stuck in an endless loop that this is an Apple issue, despite all of the evidence to the contrary. I even gave them this thread to read, which they refused.

I spent a long time on the phone last night to Apple Support (a local SA number goes to what appears to be UK-based support teams) and they were not able to resolve the issue. I shared this feedback with Vodacom: thank you for making us aware of the above. Go into an iStore or a Vodacom Repair Centre, pandemic and all.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 14.51.53.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 14.51.53.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

Wildalc

I am afraid that I do not hold out much hope. I spent more than 2 hours going backwards and forwards with Vodacom online support where they appear to be stuck in an endless loop that this is an Apple issue, despite all of the evidence to the contrary. I even gave them this thread to read, which they refused.

I spent a long time on the phone last night to Apple Support (a local SA number goes to what appears to be UK-based support teams) and they were not able to resolve the issue. I shared this feedback with Vodacom: thank you for making us aware of the above. Go into an iStore or a Vodacom Repair Centre, pandemic and all.
Wow Vodacom really has the worst service. Checked hello Peter and there are a number of reports about this issue as well. Seems they just don’t care. Will need a couple hundred people to all phone in at the same time

DieBaard

Quick update:

After losing it with the last Vodacom Support person I spoke too, I drove down to the iStore and spoke to their tech. He did not even want to look at the phone, he just said "we are aware of the issue and it is not only Vodacom". He has seen new contract clients from MTN & Cell C as well with the same issue since last week Monday.

Take this with a pinch of salt, but he said it is a back-haul issue and the carriers are aware of it.

After that fun outing, I took a stroll down to the Vodacom Datastore where I took out my contract on Friday afternoon and spoke to the guy there. They are also aware of the issue but failed to inform me when taking out the contract.

Wildalc

Quick update:

After losing it with the last Vodacom Support person I spoke too, I drove down to the iStore and spoke to their tech. He did not even want to look at the phone, he just said "we are aware of the issue and it is not only Vodacom". He has seen new contract clients from MTN & Cell C as well with the same issue since last week Monday.

Take this with a pinch of salt, but he said it is a back-haul issue and the carriers are aware of it.

After that fun outing, I took a stroll down to the Vodacom Datastore where I took out my contract on Friday afternoon and spoke to the guy there. They are also aware of the issue but failed to inform me when taking out the contract.
Wow interesting as the support person I'm talking to at Vodacom has no idea about the issue and told me to only select the phone number and deselect the email addresses - I could laugh if it wasn't so annoying!

Attachments

• IMG_F10A2429B16A-1.jpeg
    IMG_F10A2429B16A-1.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 17

rvanwyk

Expert Member
Only had time to search for this issue now but needless to say, same issue here and vodacom is unable to help.

Is there no one from vodacom on this forum?

Wildalc

Only had time to search for this issue now but needless to say, same issue here and vodacom is unable to help.

Is there no one from vodacom on this forum?
I have contacted Vodacom so many times now. Keep linking to this forum too but have had no helpful feedback from them.