iMessage activation issue

Sabeeha

So this might be an extremely basic solution and won’t solve everyone’s issue - after getting my new phone and having this happen to me I tested my iMessage and SMS functions which both work fine, but I still kept getting these bounced texts, airtime being wasted every time. I blocked the number. I don’t get the texts anymore. Seems like it worked for me only because I’m not actually having the issue of iMessage not working ‍♀️

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
So this might be an extremely basic solution and won’t solve everyone’s issue - after getting my new phone and having this happen to me I tested my iMessage and SMS functions which both work fine, but I still kept getting these bounced texts, airtime being wasted every time. I blocked the number. I don’t get the texts anymore. Seems like it worked for me only because I’m not actually having the issue of iMessage not working ‍

iMessage does not stop working, however without your phone number verified you are only able to send and receive iMessages from contacts who have your registered email address(es).

I basically ended up smsing all my contacts to tell them to add my email address.

Also you are aware that each failed attempt costs R1.50, so all you have done is blocked receiving confirmation of money being taken from your account.

Last edited:

rvanwyk

Expert Member
Had a 40 minute call with Apple senior support now. They collected all the diagnostic information and screen shots and have sent to their engineers. Turnaround is 3 - 5 days. Don't know what to expect but if I do get something back I will share here.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Got a memo. Vodacom is aware of the issue and the same issue is affecting UAE, Portugal, Czech Republic and Ghana. It is due to a issue with an international carrier and vendor. They are working on a solution.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Same here. Still porting out, regardless of who’s fault it ultimately was, the customer service was disgraceful at the best of times.

Just had an update call from Vodacom. They’ve resolved the issue and I can confirm that it works. iMessage is now activated on my mobile number.

KiJvV

Happy to say that mine is working now too, thanks to everyone on this thread!

ludi85

I’m not so lucky, no matter what I try, I keep on getting this error.

2F6B815E-57EF-447A-BAD2-E059B8717C07.jpeg

Wildalc

Not sure what’s changed but I randomly tried one more time this morning and it has activated for me! I turned iMessage off and back on. And about 2mins later it activated.

3Gee

Expert Member
I'm having a issue with Telkom Mobile , iMessage not activating.

Happened in the past , took almost a week before it activated.

Stuck on " verifying "

bwtodd

Howzit. Recently ported from MTN to Vodacom and iMessage just won’t activate. No beta software no funnies. Is anyone else still having issues?