Insurance on a learner driver for one day

CaffeinePirate

So my sister has asked to borrow my car for a day while she does her driver's test. I'm alright with it, but just wondering if I should be notifing my insurer (Miway)- even if it is only for a day? (and in past experiences she didn't even make it out the yard).

Anyone had any experience? Don't really feel like giving them a call if it's unnecessary.

Thanks

D3x!

Banned
(and in past experiences she didn't even make it out the yard).

how many times has she failed? maybe she shouldn't be driving xD

what is the limits of your insurance? i.e do they cover other drivers that arent specified etc?

IzZzy

Executive Member
Check your policy - it usually says that if the driver is a learner, then additional excess is payable. Though, a learner driver in a car without another licensed driver is not legal. She will fail immediately she arrives.

CaffeinePirate

how many times has she failed? maybe she shouldn't be driving xD

what is the limits of your insurance? i.e do they cover other drivers that arent specified etc?

Haha :) this will be her 3rd attempt (new traffic office as well) My insurance says any driver as long as they do not drive the car more than I do.

Check your policy - it usually says that if the driver is a learner, then additional excess is payable. Though, a learner driver in a car without another licensed driver is not legal. She will fail immediately she arrives.

I will have a look through it again. Yup that part I know, not to stressed if I have to pay extra, as long as the accept my claim should it arise.

Fazda

Honorary Master
To be on the safe side, drive her there and then ask the cop if you can sit in the back seat, as you are the insured driver.

You must love her very much, as I certainly wouldn't do it!! :p

IzZzy

Executive Member
Haha :) this will be her 3rd attempt (new traffic office as well) My insurance says any driver as long as they do not drive the car more than I do.

Check how they define driver in the policy = probably means a licensed driver or a learner accompanied by a licensed driver.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
I know this is off topic but I just found a Miway consultant on Facepoop that makes me suddenly want to get a quote:
1503324_10202716725016395_688369329_n.jpg

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
So my sister has asked to borrow my car for a day while she does her driver's test. I'm alright with it, but just wondering if I should be notifing my insurer (Miway)- even if it is only for a day? (and in past experiences she didn't even make it out the yard).

Anyone had any experience? Don't really feel like giving them a call if it's unnecessary.

Thanks

You will just get nailed with one hell of an excess.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Hence the reason why all those in the know say work through a broker and a reputable insurer.
Through a reputable insurer the reglular driver is noted on Personal Lines policies and there are additional excess's for claims where a different driver was driving and additional excess's for :-
Period license held

I suggest you contact your insurer to confirm, however the knowledge of the person answering the call also will have impact on the answer.