iOS 7 Release Today (18 September)

updated my iphone 4 this morning, few app updates installed and works like a charm. loving the new interface, also feels faster and the battery seem to last longer. normally by this time im at 20%, well i still got 50% left.

Interesting! My iPhone 4s was a bit sporadic this morning. Would lose 10% in no time - and then hang around losing only 2% over the next hour... I guess it might be hard to say with any certainty in the beginning, since the novelty of the new iOS has me picking the phone up every few seconds to play... But I'm sure that the next few weeks will see tips surface about which of the new functions are possibly heavy on the juice - e.g. Background App Refresh etc...
 
Tap the more button or if you are in the mail tap the flag in the bottom left.

It's also close to trash.
I also see the number of mail items per thread is missing. So in one bad move you end up deleting the string of mails and not just the read receipt as intended.
 
Call me crazy - but I swear the keyboard is working waaaaayyy better, since I'm making waaaaaaaayyy less typing errors than before! Anyone else notice it?

I read this was touted as an improvement, but I didn't think it could possibly improve without increasing screen size... Guess those gaps between the letters make a massive difference - to my fat fingers, at least...
 
Interesting! My iPhone 4s was a bit sporadic this morning. Would lose 10% in no time - and then hang around losing only 2% over the next hour... I guess it might be hard to say with any certainty in the beginning, since the novelty of the new iOS has me picking the phone up every few seconds to play... But I'm sure that the next few weeks will see tips surface about which of the new functions are possibly heavy on the juice - e.g. Background App Refresh etc...

i learnt from my previous update.. do backup first then ONLY download the update, not download and update, once update is downloaded, then update device, took me like 30min, we have really fast internet connection at work aswell so the download was quick.
 
Call me crazy - but I swear the keyboard is working waaaaayyy better, since I'm making waaaaaaaayyy less typing errors than before! Anyone else notice it?

I read this was touted as an improvement, but I didn't think it could possibly improve without increasing screen size... Guess those gaps between the letters make a massive difference - to my fat fingers, at least...

i agree with you, also the lock screen letters are bigger if you got passcode
 
Call me crazy - but I swear the keyboard is working waaaaayyy better, since I'm making waaaaaaaayyy less typing errors than before! Anyone else notice it?

I read this was touted as an improvement, but I didn't think it could possibly improve without increasing screen size... Guess those gaps between the letters make a massive difference - to my fat fingers, at least...

Keyboard on the iPad seems worse, not in terms of accuracy it just has a bit of lag to it when switching views. Hope the fix this, it's a bit annoying.
 
Keyboard on the iPad seems worse, not in terms of accuracy it just has a bit of lag to it when switching views. Hope the fix this, it's a bit annoying.

Have'nt tried the iPad yet - but will give it a bash. That would suck if they stuffed that up. What iPad you running?
 
Think I might have just found my 1st App-iOS 7 incompatibility issue... I used Data Usage, to monitor my cellular data usage.

Needed to make an adjustment to the usage, after today's playing - and no can do. Screen appears different to what it did before, and cannot invoke keyboard to type in the new figure... Guess they'll be fixing it soon - might report the bug... Figure there will be a few of these that come out of the woodwork... No biggie.
 
Watch out for the auto update app pop up, could end up being expensive.

I also notice an app updating at launch, not updating in the App Store.
Think it was twitter, 11MB disappeared quickly.
 
Have'nt tried the iPad yet - but will give it a bash. That would suck if they stuffed that up. What iPad you running?

I'm running 3rd gen iPad. Don't get me wrong I like the new design and the delay isn't serious it's just a few milliseconds delay but enough to annoy me :D
 
Watch out for the auto update app pop up, could end up being expensive.

I also notice an app updating at launch, not updating in the App Store.
Think it was twitter, 11MB disappeared quickly.

Pretty sure that apps will only auto update over wifi?
 
The weather app. Not sure previously, but it was a widget and in the home screen displayed the current temperature? Similar to the calendar icon?
 
Big improvement on an iPad 2. I use Tune-In radio, works 100% for me
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X