iOs data restriction

ijacobs3

Expert Member
HI All

got a strange question...

my boss's wife is too dumb to own a phone ( but cant tell him this..) she streams doctor phil all day on her phone, and emptyM only allows a 3 gig reoccuring bundle, which she chews up in a day or 2. Then she "forgets" how to load additional data, and ends up with a 15K bill every month, they have adsl , but to her its too slow ( phone on LTE) .

THe next step here is restricting the phone, does Ios have something like 3g watch dog?

Beri

Expert Member
Is Dr Phill on all day long now???? and nobody told me about it.
Steaming on a 2mb line works perfect. Just get her a Afrihost capped account.

zippy

Honorary Master
HI All

got a strange question...

my boss's wife is too dumb to own a phone ( but cant tell him this..) she streams doctor phil all day on her phone, and emptyM only allows a 3 gig reoccuring bundle, which she chews up in a day or 2. Then she "forgets" how to load additional data, and ends up with a 15K bill every month, they have adsl , but to her its too slow ( phone on LTE) .

THe next step here is restricting the phone, does Ios have something like 3g watch dog?

Probably not. adsl slower than LTE ??? oh dear. Is that possible ?

I stream amazon prime from iphone to my apple tv over my wifi without any problems. And this while my wife is watching something on ipad.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Thanks for the suggestions all, the max the exchange they connect to in melrose is 1meg ( thanks Telkom) her phone does almost 15meg on lte, hence the streaming , I tried to explain it all to the boss, ended up just enabling restrictions on the iphone, and deleting the YouTube app, so no browsing, just whatsapp and email, he's happy, don't think mrs boss will be