iPad 4 release date in SA?

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Anyone know the release date of this in SA.
I do not think it has been announced yet. The same for the iPhone 5 and the new iPod range. Most credible info suggest that it will be here before Christmas.

Network1

That is one thing I find quite frustrating, the wait .... Not knowing when, and every shop you speak to have different stories. Does influence once's planning, or rather the inability to plan.....

mak2000

Expert Member
BTW, saw the new iPod Nano's at Incredible. Didn't really think of asking about the new iPod Touch

themba990

Expert Member
That is one thing I find quite frustrating, the wait .... Not knowing when, and every shop you speak to have different stories. Does influence once's planning, or rather the inability to plan.....
I learnt the hard way to just wait. I'm also in the market for an ipad and even though I'm considering a wifi-only model i'm still going to wait for the ipad 4.

MrMocs

BTW, saw the new iPod Nano's at Incredible. Didn't really think of asking about the new iPod Touch

I see Makro has the new iPod touch in their catalogue so I assume most major retailers have them on their stock.I am also thinking of getting one to replace my Zune

Network1

I learnt the hard way to just wait. I'm also in the market for an ipad and even though I'm considering a wifi-only model i'm still going to wait for the ipad 4.

My wife also would like an IPad. Not sure whether I should wait for the IPad 4 or IPad mini. Have the iPhone 4S x 2 and 1 x IPad 3. Also need to get the. iMac.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Why is it so hard to decide on and announce a flippin' release date here?

sand_man

Honorary Master
My wife also would like an IPad. Not sure whether I should wait for the IPad 4 or IPad mini. Have the iPhone 4S x 2 and 1 x IPad 3. Also need to get the. iMac.

iPad4 for sure, iPad mini wait for the next generation sporting retina display and A6X processor.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
My brother is coming from the UK at the end of Nov and I thought Id get him to bring me the new 4th gen 64Mb wifi+4G. Prices their are £659.00 officially-that's about R9200!

I assume the prices here will replace the old prices/models ie R7800?

Or I could get from the US for about R7500.

What to do what to do.....

Eyenstyn

The new iPods are out in RSA as well as the 13 inch retina MacBook pro. They might launch/have stock of the iPad4 in December similar to how the iPhone4 was launched.

You can find the iPhone5 in SA at stores in Sandton for R10500 but you might need to unlock them.

apple freak

Saw on apple south africa's site that the ipad 4 and ipad mini is 'coming soon.' Seeing that that notice is still next to the iphone 5 probly wnt see the ipad be next year

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Mini. :) I know everyone bemoans the non-reina screen but it's not that big a deal.

iPad4 for sure, iPad mini wait for the next generation sporting retina display and A6X processor.
Doubt it.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Why? I'm sure it will.
Eventually but I doubt it will be the next gen. As far as I can see in order to make it retina they're either going to need a bigger/better battery or introduce yet another resolution and or aspect ratio into the mix.

Sure they recently did that with the iPhone 5 but the nice thing about the current 1024 x 768 is all the existing apps that work just fine. As it stands the screen on the mini looks better than the same 1024 x 768 on the iPad/iPad2 even if it isnt retina.

MrMocs

I saw on Stuff Magazines Facebook page that the iPad 4 will be launching this week and iPad Mini next week