iPad Mini with Retina: SA launch date

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Even though the prices are close to R1k less than the iPad Air, they're still ridiculous...

cerebus

Honorary Master
Agreed. I was very keen to get one but can't justify the price...
The prices are just a match for the insane exchange rate-driven inflation we're seeing on all electronic imports right now. Customs could do something to ease the pain by cutting their duties but they're treating it as the rainy season.

BloemGuy

Customs could do something to ease the pain by cutting their duties but they're treating it as the rainy season.
There are no customs duties on these products, just import VAT which qualifies as input tax and thus in essence do not affect the pricing.

thewusman

Expert Member
A dollar today costs around 20% more than a year ago in ZAR.

Currency devaluation erodes our ability to participate in globally priced commodities which assume market stability.

If anyone believes the official inflation rate in SA approximates 5.odd % then Santa is real and the Tooth Fairy visits often.

cANCer are doing their best to ensure this trend continues.

BBotha

At those prices the new Windows 8.1 tablets are starting to look real good. And I'm not talking about the RT ones. Look at the Asus T100, its really fast with 11 hours battery on Windows 8.1. And its going for around R5000.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
The iPad Mini is a gem of a tablet. Perfect size to take everywhere. I've moved back from the Mini to the larger iPad (Air) because I found the screen of the Mini to be too small for my needs but most people will not have this issue.

kdub

Does anybody have any idea when the larger capacity ipad mini's will become available? waiting for the 128gb version.