iPhone 11 Pro launched

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
iPhone 11 Pro launched

Apple announced the launch of its new iPhone 11 Pro, which Apple said is the most powerful and advanced iPhone it has ever built.

"This is the most advanced and detailed iPhone we have made yet," Apple said.

R13...

Honorary Master
I'd rather carry one USB-C cable that can charge everything.
Just wish they'd sort out the liability of the thing. I'm on my 4th usb C cable and even the current two are hit and miss for data transfer

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
This was the first Apple presentation I've watched that was utter crap.

Gaming studios no one cares about showing games that don't look good. An iPad refresh with no change to the design. An iPhone refresh with no change to the design despite the out of place giant notch for late 2019. Some of the most boring presenters ever to take to a stage, often talking about filler rubbish that no one came to hear about. The press invitations saying"By innovation only" are an insult to what Apple used to be.

The gaming subscription looks cool but the new button for it in the App Store is going to annoy everyone who doesn't subscribe. $5pm for Apple TV+ isn't exactly a steal when there will be just about nothing to watch on it for a while after launch, and when it looked to only be available on Apple devices. The fact that Apple is giving away a year of the service to everyone who buys an Apple device says a lot about how much they think it's worth. 6 months of Apple Music would be way more useful.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Just wish they'd sort out the liability of the thing. I'm on my 4th usb C cable and even the current two are hit and miss for data transfer
Are you buying the right cables? Not all Type C cables are the same. Cheaper ones are actually USB 2.0

Mister 44

Executive Member
And they'll say it every time they unveil a new one because the new phone is supposed to be incrementally better than the previous one lol
Would be a little embarrassing if it wasn't.
"Introducing the iPhone 11. It's a fair bit shittier than the iPhone 10, and almost as bad as the iPhone 9. We did double the price, however."