iPhone 16 Series

been trying this "new" siri and it doesnt really feel any good (plenty referrals to a web search result). Assuming whilst the new interface is there this apple intelligence aint, and we wait for Dec ... or .... this is it (eina)

the photo cleanup thing is not too bad

ChatGPT only added in 18.2.
 
anyone know how to register iphone bought through the ebucks store for the free icare?

on the registration site its asks for a reference number.... no idea what that is
 
Did anyone who ordered through Makro get their complimentary charger?

I only got back home a couple days ago and the box they sent only had the phone in it. I've emailed them asking about it.
 
Anyone have the 16 Plus? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Reviewers seem to be impressed by it and the numbers look good but how is the battery life in day to day life? The weight for its size also seems good. How does it feel in hand and in your pocket?
 
It’s been two days after having my screen protector installed and I’ve already cracked it. I hate these glass screen proctors, they’re so expensive and then break if you sneeze on them.
did you not buy one of em expensive ones? did not go back in the thread to check
 
It’s been two days after having my screen protector installed and I’ve already cracked it. I hate these glass screen proctors, they’re so expensive and then break if you sneeze on them.
Had that back in the Xs Max days :ROFL: fitted a screen protector one day and a day later dropped the phone in the work basement as I was running in to catch the elevator and BOOM cracked. Happened again on 11 Pro Max a year later.
Really sucks, I since then elected to get cases that make the screen with screen protector sit recessed versus the case lip, never had it happen again.
 
did you not buy one of em expensive ones? did not go back in the thread to check
I was at the iStore to get my iPhone 11 battery replaced too, they installed one of the Moov ones with the curved edge (which I though would help prevent cracking).
 
Had that back in the Xs Max days :ROFL: fitted a screen protector one day and a day later dropped the phone in the work basement as I was running in to catch the elevator and BOOM cracked. Happened again on 11 Pro Max a year later.
Really sucks, I since then elected to get cases that make the screen with screen protector sit recessed versus the case lip, never had it happen again.
I have a case that does protrude, EXCEPT there is a cutout where the new camera button is and that's exactly where it cracked.
 
Did anyone who ordered through Makro get their complimentary charger?

I only got back home a couple days ago and the box they sent only had the phone in it. I've emailed them asking about it.
No when I called them to ask they had no clue what I was talking about. Ended up getting it via my local Makro.
 
Does anyone know how the trade-in and cash back option works at the iStore? I tried speaking to an agent online but they did not respond and the salespeople at the store were either uninterested or clueless…

Also, can you trade in and make a purchase through the ebucks partner shop?

I’m sure someone on here will be more knowledgeable and helpful than actual iStore staff…
 
Does anyone know how the trade-in and cash back option works at the iStore? I tried speaking to an agent online but they did not respond and the salespeople at the store were either uninterested or clueless…

Also, can you trade in and make a purchase through the ebucks partner shop?

I’m sure someone on here will be more knowledgeable and helpful than actual iStore staff…
When you are ready to trade in your old device, you take it in and have it assessed by a consultant. They connect it to a laptop which runs diagnostics on it, and they assess the general cosmetic condition of the device as well.

Make sure all the data on the device has been backed up, because they then erase it there and then, and you need to take it off your iCloud account too.

If you accept their offer, the money will be paid to you within 7 working days. You need to take a bank account confirmation letter and your ID with too.

You basically have 30 days to do this from getting your new device. So with other words, you can walk in, get your new iPhone or whatever, go home and transfer the old iPhone to the new one, and then take the old phone back for assessment etc within 30 days.
 
When you are ready to trade in your old device, you take it in and have it assessed by a consultant. They connect it to a laptop which runs diagnostics on it, and they assess the general cosmetic condition of the device as well.

Make sure all the data on the device has been backed up, because they then erase it there and then, and you need to take it off your iCloud account too.

If you accept their offer, the money will be paid to you within 7 working days. You need to take a bank account confirmation letter and your ID with too.

You basically have 30 days to do this from getting your new device. So with other words, you can walk in, get your new iPhone or whatever, go home and transfer the old iPhone to the new one, and then take the old phone back for assessment etc within 30 days.
Thank you @bluepoole

Your post is more insightful than the advice I was given at my local iStore.

Would you happen to know if I can buy the phone I want on the ebucks partner shop and then trade in the old device within 30 days?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X