iPhone 3GS carrier locked

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Hi guys,

so someone from work got an old iPhone 3GS from a relative in the states, but its carrier locked to at&t

stupidly they did upgrade the phone to 6.1.3 , has anyone got any suggestions on how to unlock this phone to work with south african networks?

riscbroker

Expert Member
Hi guys,

so someone from work got an old iPhone 3GS from a relative in the states, but its carrier locked to at&t

stupidly they did upgrade the phone to 6.1.3 , has anyone got any suggestions on how to unlock this phone to work with south african networks?

I'm sure there are other ways around it, but if you're not in any great rush then just get an official unlock - once it's done you'll need an active SIM in the phone and then activate on iTunes. You shouldn't have to pay anything.

https://www.att.com/esupport/main.jsp?cv=820

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Sadly we don't have all the info they want :(

Foolishly ( but after some research) through a "reputable" web site, but have yet to receive any unlock, will give it till the morning, and then call Fnb , and hope the will reverse the transaction

ijacobs3

Expert Member
and this morning the phone was unlocked :) seems some of these sites do work :)

momo786

and this morning the phone was unlocked :) seems some of these sites do work :)

Been trying to unlock an AT&T 3GS for a while. Tried the request via the the AT&T website and got an email requesting a copy of the receipt, which I don't have.

Mind sharing which website you used for the unlock? And how much did it cost?

Thanks

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Been trying to unlock an AT&T 3GS for a while. Tried the request via the the AT&T website and got an email requesting a copy of the receipt, which I don't have.

Mind sharing which website you used for the unlock? And how much did it cost?

Thanks

i used http://myimeiunlock.com/

but it wasnt with out some stress, i paid for an instant unlock, and by hour 18, i contacted dalpay ( their payment engine thing) to report possible fraud, shortly there after i got an email from the site saying the unlock was processed, so i may have been a bit inpatient,

ijacobs3

Expert Member
It seems they were just a bit backed up, got a email apologizing for the delay in unlocking, site seems to be legit