iPhone battery replacement options

scud

Apple has just dropped the price of battery replacement to $29 . Anyone know if istore will offer them at this price ?
I’m trying to find a replacement battery for a 6s at a decent price

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Did you happen to read the notice? Here's the relevant section:

Apple is reducing the price of an out-of-warranty iPhone battery replacement by $50 — from $79 to $29 — for anyone with an iPhone 6 or later whose battery needs to be replaced, starting in late January and available worldwide through December 2018. Details will be provided soon on apple.com.
https://www.apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
That’s what I saw , but would istore be the ones to honor this?
I don't see why not. They've honoured Apple's service notices in the past.

The only problem I foresee is for people who have already replaced their original battery with a third party one.

_kabal_

Expert Member
Looks like that is for a separate issue. Check the date on the bottom: Information as of 2016-11-30
sure, but if you have a iphone 6s, you can get a free battery replacement now, instead of in 2018 for $29 (probably 400-500ZAR)

Sandman1

I am also interested to find out where I can get my battery replaced. After upgrading to the latest IOS, my phone only last half a day on full use. And it's only 14 months old. Anyone managed to get it replaced for the price apple mentioned?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I am also interested to find out where I can get my battery replaced. After upgrading to the latest IOS, my phone only last half a day on full use. And it's only 14 months old. Anyone managed to get it replaced for the price apple mentioned?
Late January.

paulmic

I messaged iStore today (8th January 2017), they are still waiting for more information from Apple as to the new pricing for a battery replacement. "Hi There, I'm trying to found out if Apple South Africa is also offering iPhone 6s/plus customers reduced battery replacement costs due to the recent announcement by Apple in the US.
Chat started
Nokuzola
Good day Paul, thank you for contacting us.
We are currently waiting on more information from Apple and will advise as soon as we know more.

So we will just have to wait for more info...

Sandman1

Looking at the article, istore is R430, and if your not a istore customer (include another R200).

At Apple doctor they are offering R469 for iPhone 6s battery replacement.

So apple doctor is cheaper for me then.

Sandman1

Yea true but at Apple doctor I can get it back the same day, as I don't have spare phone to use if I go the istore route. R40 difference is not much.

Luke7777

Executive Member
Looking at the article, istore is R430, and if your not a istore customer (include another R200).

"It said a technical appointment fee of R200, usually applicable to non-iStore customers, will be waived for the battery replacement programme. This is “for a limited time only and provided that an appointment has been booked online"

Not a fan of "will be sent for replacement"... can be weeks :)

Spizz

Goat Botherer

Do you know if Apple Doctor use the same battery as Apple would or a generic type thing?

Dave

Honorary Master
Do you know if Apple Doctor use the same battery as Apple would or a generic type thing?
Are you looking for an iPhone battery, Spizzy? You could buy good quality OEM batteries before you go back for around the equivalent of R200 (6s price).

Scroll down to OEM, (I’ve been using the firm for years). It’s pretty simple to replace (or just get a repair shop to fit it for you).

https://www.replacebase.co.uk/iphone-batteries/