Is it possible to be this slow iBurst?

snailinternet

We are unfortunate enough to have, what the people of iBurst, call wireless Internet.

I have to admit, our dial-up internet 8-years ago were faster than this. Any GPRS connection is faster than this.

Seriously iBurst, we aren't asking much, just a bit faster than max 21kb/s, which recently, can't exceed 10kb/s.

All our friends brag about 600kb/s and 1.4mb/s and then we browse on 7kb/s average (ROFLMAO!!)

So, back to reality, we have done the following:

1. Tested our iburst on local desktop pc (USB) ;
2. Tested our iburst on LAN (using desktop pc) ;
3. Tested our iburst on LAN (using broadband router) - which is how we use it ;
4. Changed our MTU setting to all amounts thinkable - 1392, 1354, 1495, etc etc etc
5. Closed all applications tapping internet connections ;
6. Checked pc's with anti-virus software ;
7. Re-started the modem, router and pc's several million times ;
8. Used the modem with & with-out the iBurst approved antenna ;
9. Mounted the modem indoors & outdoors ;
10. Mounted the modem correctly, mounted the modem up-side down ;
11. Tried to build our own antenna using ideas found on Google ;

The modem is currently standing indoors at the window. Perfect signal, perfect weather conditions.

We have tried to phone the iBurst call centre several times but we know the instruction manual they read from so well by now, I'm sure we can train new call centre agents by memory!

YouTube ain't working ;
Normal browsing ain't working ;
Downloads ain't working (neither http nor any other) ;
Gaming ain't working either - LOL, WOW, StartCraft, etc etc is a joke to play ;

I think it's so incredibly slow, even Google pray we don't try to open their homepage!

Does ANYONE have ANY solution to the problem? Is everyone getting slow results on iBurst or is it just us?

NOTES:
We have the R445 iBurst package which gives 50GB monthly, 25GB during the day.
We live in the Pretoria region.

Btw, we have loads of GIG's available, you can't use the megs 'cause you download with bytes.

****PLEASE HELP!**** :confused:

noswal

Executive Member
With Dr.TCP which i assume you have, if not its something you should have www.dslreports.com/drtcp

my values:
Tcp Reveive Windo 54560 path MTU discovery Yes
Window scaling Yes Black hole dectection No
Time stamping No Max dup acks 2
Selective acks Yes TTL 128
Dial (ras)mtu Blank

(your adapter) MTU 1392

save... and restart once more :p

Bursty-dude

Expert Member
"There are no known issues. Please send us your details and we will MAYBE get back to you in three months because we do not actually give a *** about paying customers' complaints about overloaded towers and slower-than-dialup speeds."

Joking aside (not really though, I am being extremely sarcastic), it is beyond a joke and we have been struggling with the same issue for going on 11 months now.

This is the average of what we have been getting for the last 3 weeks:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2229151072.png

Maximum I have seen is 0.47Mb/s just after 3am this morning, how the hell that can be an overloaded tower is beyond me, but there has been nothing done about complaints from literally hundreds of people about the crap service and sloooooooooooooooooooow "speed".

Go look on their FB page and on Hellopeter and see the complaints for yourself. Out of 100 complaints, there will be maybe one person complimenting on decent speed or good service.

OMB

Mountain Man
Does ANYONE have ANY solution to the problem?

at the risk of being accused of being a troll

dump iburst

I got rid of my subscription in June and I haven't looked back since

boyequal

at the risk of being accused of being a troll

dump iburst

I got rid of my subscription in June and I haven't looked back since

Believe me, I WANT to. But, where I live, iBurst is my ONLY option.

No Telkom lines - stolen
No Neotel - outside of coverage
No 3G - only GPRS (sometimes EDGE) on the surrounding towers
No WiMax - no coverage

So, yeh. Suggestions? :(

Remember the days when we had 1mbit/s? Remember the days when we had actual support on the forums?

Bursty-dude

Expert Member
We are just waiting for March 2013 then we can drop this ISP and go to someone else who can actually give better than dial-up speeds for R800 per month, not like this joke of a "broadband".

Remember the days when we had 1mbit/s? Remember the days when we had actual support on the forums?

I can fondly remember raving about getting over 2Mb/s during the day and even when it rained. Nowadays the speed sucks worse than customer support.