IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Bullfrog.

Now a qn - when I generate a nzb I exclude the bulk of the par files and just leave the first one in for checking after the download is complete.

Is this going to cause headaches for people?
 
if you want an account plz pm me a username and password that you want (limited to 8 chars plz)

Ill pm you with the details and web address
 
Would be better if you upload the nzb with all the par files included, makes it easier for the people downloading if they get a corrupt file. Just delete the par files from your news client before downloading them!

If you have nzb files already without the par files, just upload them and don't worry about it. But We would all really appreciate it if you add all the par files to any new nzb's you generate :D
 
Would be better if you upload the nzb with all the par files included, makes it easier for the people downloading if they get a corrupt file. Just delete the par files from your news client before downloading them!

If you have nzb files already without the par files, just upload them and don't worry about it. But We would all really appreciate it if you add all the par files to any new nzb's you generate :D
If you're sure you want it that way - but you realise these par files wont be cached even if I include them in the nzb as they are only downloaded if there are errors.

Sorry - but as wonderful as I think you all are I dont want to be wasting 40mb an episode :o
 
Yes I realize that ;)

Doesn't matter really cause people who don't need them can delete them from their news readers and people who need them don't have to go through a lot of trouble trying to find them.
 
Newzbin automatically puts the pars into scratched tab unless you need them so should be fine ;)
 
bwana thats very short sighted

40mb rofl thats nothing china

i always download my par files because on many files you need them so i dont have to go find them

for 40 meg im assured that my files wont be corrupt
 
bwana thats very short sighted

40mb rofl thats nothing china

i always download my par files because on many files you need them so i dont have to go find them

for 40 meg im assured that my files wont be corrupt
40mb adds up quickly - if I needed them I'd download them but only once out of every 10 downloads do they become necessary - that's a whole episodes worth of cap wasted. :eek:
 
Please include all the par files - some people may need them and it saves them the headache of hunting around the Net for them later.
What I do is keep the original nzbs and just upload them when the download has finished.
 
Please include all the par files - some people may need them and it saves them the headache of hunting around the Net for them later.
What I do is keep the original nzbs and just upload them when the download has finished.
I will in future - until then ignore the ones I've posted if thats what you want.
 
There's a few minor issues like when you close the browser window then open it again and go to the site it asks you to login again. Then when you enter your details it says that you're already logged in, and you're stuck at the login window.
 
You need to use the logout button instead of closing ur browser. I know its a pain but i wrote that login/logout script a while back and havent had time to change it.
It also bugs me when i forget to logout properly... :(
You dont get stuck if u cant login, you just have to reset your account on the page that is displayed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X