IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, you guys have been busy

sort of skimmed through all previous posts, and just wanna say, big up to the guys that did newshost.za.net, great work guys! ;)

anyways, I should start downloading again now, so hopefully i'll be able to make use of the uploaded nzbs and hopefully i'll also be able to contribute a bit.
 
The news servers are so slow. I bet I can fly to China and back and still be waiting for my 300MB download!
 
There have been mysteries, and then there is the news server. How can someone get 400+Kb/s and others struggle to get more than 10?

I've been trying to download 273MB since the start of the weekend - it's not even halfway because of timeouts.
 
There have been mysteries, and then there is the news server. How can someone get 400+Kb/s and others struggle to get more than 10?

I've been trying to download 273MB since the start of the weekend - it's not even halfway because of timeouts.

I'm with you on this. On a very good day I might get 38kbps. Never seem to get past that.

What connection you've got?

I'm on 384 with Openweb.
 
I'm with you on this. On a very good day I might get 38kbps. Never seem to get past that.

What connection you've got?

I'm on 384 with Openweb.

Also 384 on Openweb. There's no consistency - even with cached content. Going at a massive 1.39Kb/s right now.

When I download locally cached stuff - typically downloads 40Kb/s for 5 seconds and then drops off to 10 or 20.
 
are you using 2 news servers?
maybe us geeks should let you know how to use this news server the correct way

i pulled 4 gig this weekend so i dont understand how your going at 1kb :)

ask ziggie how much he pulled i think you might fall over
 
are you using 2 news servers?
maybe us geeks should let you know how to use this news server the correct way

i pulled 4 gig this weekend so i dont understand how your going at 1kb :)

ask ziggie how much he pulled i think you might fall over

Please. If it's a secret PM me. I can't think that I'm doing anything wrong. Otherwise please share your knowledge killadoob.
 
are you using 2 news servers?
maybe us geeks should let you know how to use this news server the correct way

i pulled 4 gig this weekend so i dont understand how your going at 1kb :)

ask ziggie how much he pulled i think you might fall over

Using both news servers - using the IP's to connect. I get 8 connections, but they're hella slow...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X