IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, think i got the wrong thread, thought this was the IS news thread but somehow ive landed up on dating.myadsl.co.za,hehe
 
lol, think i got the wrong thread, thought this was the IS news thread but somehow ive landed up on dating.myadsl.co.za,hehe
But is it working for you? ;)

:D
 
can we officially declare this thread as dead? it breaks my heart to see the end of it ..............
 
can we officially declare this thread as dead? it breaks my heart to see the end of it ..............
Dead as in as dead as the IS news server?

Sure - if it's running 100% then people will stop posting to it and it will die a natural death.

Otherwise, what's the harm? It's mostly on topic.
 
Im still getting full speed's. Newsbin is also working properly again, so I dont have any complaints.
 
ya pm highflyer for more info

he is the genius when it comes to grabit and news server :)

o and signed up with grabit, there search is really good
 
Like I said before good speeds = newer files + cached.

Poor speeds means older files + pulled from international server somewhere.

I'm sure that is what's happening, because I can download older files for 3 days solid at 40 K/s but the moment I had a file that is say 1 day old the speed shoots up to 350 K/s.

At least it is more reliable lately even if not everything downloads at full speeds.
 
ya what you say is true.......i was downloading a file a few weeks old it was only going at max 50kbps.........
 
I have to say that I've been really impressed with the IS news server. I started using it at the beginning of October and I haven't had any major hassles. Granted, I don't monitor the speeds constantly and I've only downloaded 5GB to date but it works good enough for what I want.

Also, at R79 for a 10GB local IS account DSTV can kiss my hindquarters. They won't be seeing me anytime soon again.
 
y get the 10gb? the 30gb local only for R 139 is EVEN BETTER value....:D.......
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X