IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. Sorry to post this in ure uber 94 page on off thread, but i was wondering if someone could help me.


I'm a newsgroup noob.
So far my steps are the following.

Download Grabit.
Join News.is.co.za
Populate the articles.
Subscribe to the threads that seems to be the most active.
New thread gets added to my side tree. Select full update.
A batch gets started taht tries to download the headers.

Now i've been sitting since the beginning to just download the header for boneless to no avail since it takes so long that i usually have to cancel and continue later with it.


Is there an easier way to get the headers?

/me gets on his knees an puckers up.
 
@armitage - why subscribe to any threads? Just use nzb's to download the files you want. :)
 
Thanks bullfrog for the info. Will take it up from there.

@ bwana. I rly didn't know what a nzb is until i read the tutorials just now. Wow I can have my life back now. parity and nzb files ftw :)
 
Last edited:
geez i rmemeber i first started i was searching those news items and thinking oms this is such crap where are all the files :(

hahaha then i heard about nzb's and my pc has gone 24/7 apart from the morning restart
 

Your penance for this indiscretion is to tell me how to be an uploader to the new site you have been unashamedly spamming us with on this forum. :D
I feel greedy taking and not giving back!:o
 
Your penance for this indiscretion is to tell me how to be an uploader to the new site you have been unashamedly spamming us with on this forum. :D
I feel greedy taking and not giving back!:o

Click the upgrade link in the menu. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X