Is vpn make different?

renzoo

Is VPN works when using WISP? My provider can provide up to 10MB but I subscribe to 4Mb,can VPN works here my speed to go up?

under_sky

Expert Member
Oh the irony. :p
@renzoo no, you cannot increase the speed past what your provider offers you. If it's due to shaping certain protocols, yes you could, but it would be a breach of the terms of service.
Pretty sure that's the apps name not sure but Grammer is obviously that. Lol

Last edited:

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Is VPN works when using WISP? My provider can provide up to 10MB but I subscribe to 4Mb,can VPN works here my speed to go up?
Nope, you will still only get 4Mb, well, in fact you will get less than 4Mb because of the overhead VPN will cause.

Last edited:

ekske1

Executive Member
English lesson maybe ? Just please add grammaly to your browser
1558071346892.png
Nice tool, but do people actually pay attention to their mistakes and not repeat them the next time?

Attachments

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
No, they limit your connection.

Like ADSL, if you have a 10meg ling but only have a 1meg account you will be limited to 1meg even wth a VPN

ronald911

Expert Member
You mean for pron?
haha not quite. I'm a remote developer and I live in South East Asia - so travelling all the time - and I feel safer when I use a Secure VPN to book Airbnb's / flight tickets etc as opposed to sending credit cards over a random wifi connection - I know unlikely with HTTPS, but still.

Also, occasionally hotels block some ports, including port 22 which is the holy grail when I try to commit code to Github.