Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
HALLELUJAH!!!! Praise the great Internet Gods!

Bye! Cheers! Go away now! WOOHOO!!!!!

*confetti*

Would like to see how this will all play out :)

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
Don't discount Roy Padayachie.
hey - i'll take Roy. A sense of humour would be a massive improvement. Would be surprised if he makes it as a political appointment in the first [-]Zuma[/-]Mothantle government.

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
@rpm, could we use the Community Fund to collect a bribe so Poison Ivy slips on her banana peel more imminently than 2009/2010?
Don't discount Roy Padayachie.
I thought he emigrated after the two colloquia and his 6..8 weeks promise, is he still around and still the DMoC?

Last edited:

mcleodd

I thought he emigrated after the two colloquia and his 6..8 weeks promise, is he still around and still the DMoC?

I believe he got slapped down horribly by Ivy for showing too much chutzpah but he's still there, waiting to emerge from Ivy's not insignificant shadow. I don't know if he is regarded as a Zuma man or an Mbeki man, but I keep hearing his name mentioned as a candidate to take over from her Ivyness.

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
that would be excellent - i have enjoyed interacting with him and suspect that he will shine
to be real tho - i'll take anyone rather than that sleepy cassawari

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I believe he got slapped down horribly by Ivy for showing too much chutzpah but he's still there, waiting to emerge from Ivy's not insignificant shadow. I don't know if he is regarded as a Zuma man or an Mbeki man, but I keep hearing his name mentioned as a candidate to take over from her Ivyness.
I'm sure he probably did get bitch slapped by Poison Ivy and probably Stalin-Mafole as well - a few times - how dare he spoil their fun.
that would be excellent - i have enjoyed interacting with him and suspect that he will shine
to be real tho - i'll take anyone rather than that sleepy cassawari
Even Stalin-Mafole :confused:

Given a choice between Stalin-Mafole and Roy Padayache, I would much rather have Roy, but AFAIK Roy is not an ANC-NEC member.

orange

bye bye

Dear Aunty Ivy,

While I've had little respect for your ability to manage the direction of telecommunications, I've come to realise that you are a cunning, shrewd politician. Only such an operator could survive the disasters you've created with their job intact. Now that you've become one to jump before being pushed, it just proves my perception of you as a politician to be correct.
Thanks for the dinners, challenges and most important - the reason for so much for so many to write about.
Reading ivo without ivy is going to be like reading zapiro without zuma..... he's now got to earn his living ;-)

Juice

Expert Member
Pity that the obvious choice to replace her is Lyndall Shope Mafole...

Tux

Software Communist
Sorry.. but i found this insanely hilarious...

The Minister confirmed that she was not asked to be part of the new government and indicated that she will spend her time focusing on non-governmental work.

Her long nap finally coming to an end?

guest2013-1

I'm not really sure if this might be a good thing. Seeing as Zuma likes taking showers to get rid of incurable diseases, I wonder who he will appoint as the new communications minister? Spongebob squarepants perhaps?

Tns

Executive Member
best news ever, but only later why not right now? appoint someone who can actually work?

Wyzak

Expert Member
Cheers Poison Ivy, only 9 years too late for South African Telecoms I'm afraid

kifoth

afaik she is not really that keen on the job and more enthusiastic about taking up a role in international telecoms affairs (which she has been involved in before)

my guess would be that we will get someone who is not a *natural* at communications. when a new emperor representing a new "faction" comes to the power (and this seems particularly true of Jacob Zuma (and George Bush...)) there is a need to reward loyalty/be politically expedient by handing out cabinet positions or deputy-ministerships. this is how we got marthinus van schalkwyk as minister of environmental affairs and tourism etc etc

sadly communications is often viewed as a non-core ministry (unlike e.g. DTI, Finance) and the position of Minister is accordingly often given without consideration for direct competence

Great. Just take a look at some of Zuma's recent backers who would fit that mould... All hail Fikile Mbalula, our new DoC Overlord? :rolleyes:

Rynomster

I hope someone who is competent gets the job.. This news is making my day, but what about when the new minister cant do the job?? :/

rsd

I really hope we don't get another moron to replace her :(