Java/Web/Mobile Developer - "real" programmers wanted :)

You get developers, and then you get real programmers who:

• love programming
  • want to know the detail of how things work
  • are fast learners and can think outside the box
  • have a never ending thirst for knowledge and gaining new skills
  • are passionate about building things that actually gets used
  • like working with and learning from other highly skilled, intelligent (but still cool) and knowledgeable people
  • want to show the world what you can do
  • are tired of maintaining other people's code or limited to what they are allowed to do
  • want to work on the big picture, not small pieces of the puzzle

THEN WE WANT YOU, AND YOU WANT US!

We are a small but highly dynamic and exciting software vendor based in/around the N1 City, Century City area outside Cape Town.

We happen to be the developers of a successful cloud based product that is growing very quickly in South Africa and abroad, but we also take on many other projects, RnD, mobile and app related development, etc. There is always something new and you will never be bored as you work in Java (EE and related technologies), JavaScript, frameworks, Android and iOS development and so forth - full range of experience and exposure to all areas of business and the technology spectrum.

You do not need to have a lot of experience, just the right mind set and attitude. So, if you are looking for a place where you will be challenged, appreciated and have the freedom to show what you can do as well as carve yourself a place in the long term, we are the company for you.

Please send us your CV to wp.careers@gmail.com so we can get in contact with you. Please also indicate your current salary. We are looking for multi-skilled people and not looking to fill a specific position, so salary will be market related and depend on your existing skills and then grow from there. Our staff rarely leave, they are happy and well paid, but if you are only after money and not passionate about what you do then this is not the spot for you.

No recruitment consultants please.

Last edited:

mister

Executive Member
How about you tell us what salary range you are offering.

Sonic2k

Executive Member
ou get developers, and then you get real programmers who:

love programming
want to know the detail of how things work
are fast learners and can think outside the box
have a never ending thirst for knowledge and gaining new skills
are passionate about building things that actually gets used
like working with and learning from other highly skilled, intelligent (but still cool) and knowledgeable people
want to show the world what you can do
are tired of maintaining other people's code or limited to what they are allowed to do
want to work on the big picture, not small pieces of the puzzle

People such as these are hard to find in this country, and they are unwilling to work for a cheap salary. The salary, or lack thereof is the single biggest problem you are going to have with filling this position.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
but if you are only after money and not passionate about what you do then this is not the spot for you.

Translation: We are looking for someone that is great at software development and enjoys being underpaid.

What if I told you someone can enjoy their job AND be paid a ****load of money. The two are not mutually exclusive. It doesn't matter what you enjoy doing in life, when it's turned into a job then there will always be bull**** that goes with the fun parts and hence why you get paid. When development is a hobby you do the fun parts and pack up and go have a beer with your friends when you get to the boring parts that you don't want to do.

At the end of the day the rarest commodity in this world is time. Couple that with a skill and you have a potent combination. Why should it be taboo to want a lot of money for your skill and the worlds rarest commodity coupled? To hell with these jobs and recruiters that aren't willing to pay properly. I, for the most part, enjoy my development job but don't think for a second I'd take a low paying job based on someone else believing my time isn't worth a fortune.

Honestly you recruiters can go jump in the lake with your market related bull****. It's actually a slap in the face to potential candidates, especially the more skilled ones, to say you are a) not worthy of having a salary range posted an b) we will try and pay you the bare minimum to get you to work here. Completely pathetic attitudes from businesses and employers we have in this country.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
At least the company I work for is honest (and very successful with over 500 staff): we work hard, we party hard and we do it for the money.

If I wanted to make a difference and not money I would've become a fireman. But the pay is too scht.

They should think of us as mercenaries and not "programmers without borders".

cguy

Executive Member
At least the company I work for is honest (and very successful with over 500 staff): we work hard, we party hard and we do it for the money.

If I wanted to make a difference and not money I would've become a fireman. But the pay is too scht.

They should think of us as mercenaries and not "programmers without borders".

Good one! :)