Julius Malema interviewed on HardTalk

Cara

Expert Member
Interview can be found here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/hardtalk/9461519.stm

Malema: Land reform should be 'without compensation'

In a special edition of HARDtalk, Stephen Sackur travelled to South Africa to meet the president of the African National Congress Youth League.

Julius Malema is perhaps the most controversial political figure in South Africa today. He is an outspoken radical with a loyal following and a host of enemies in a country struggling to overcome racial mistrust, inequality and corruption.

He told Stephen Sackur his country needs 'a taking over of the land without compensation'.

Cara

Expert Member
TimesLIVE account of the interview: http://www.timeslive.co.za/Politics/article1028702.ece/Malema-takes-on-BBC

Seems they said Julius didn't do all that badly.

Pity I can't find the full interview, would love to see the rest.

Embattled ANC Youth League president Julius Malema kept his cool throughout his interview with BBC journalist Stephen Sackur.

Sackur was interviewing the youth leader on his current affairs show, Hard Talk, which was aired yesterday afternoon.

Malema, who is currently in court after Afriforum opened a hate-speech case following his singing of struggle song Dubul 'ibhunu, answered Sackur's questions calmly, in contrast to when he referred to a BBC journalist as a "bloody agent".

Asked if he understood why white farmers felt threatened by the song, Malema said: "No, there is nobody who is threatened there, they are just seeking attention."

marine1

Honorary Master
He is a f uking liar, he does agree with Zim style land grabs. :mad:
Liar

P

Picard

I think Hardtalk went soft on Julius.

I've seen greater guests than Julius squirm under the onslaught of the Hardtalk interviewer.

Julius should have been torn apart.

marine1

Honorary Master
But hey lets all support the ANC I mean they won the struggle :rolleyes:

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
The message is clear. Hand over the land for free or get killed.

The ANC idiots will the ones that struggle(it will be a real struggle) the most when that happens, and I will be lmao at the poor ANC supporters that brought this onto themselves.

I wonder to which country ANC supporters will be running if the same happens here as Zimbabwe ?

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
The whole objective is so blind to the obvious. You cant just take from one and give to another. What are you achieving? Absolutely nothing, one farmer & his family will go broke (no compensation), he wont be able to pay back debts incurred for his farm. So now you have another welfare applicant. Then the new farm owner will run everything to the ground as happened in the the North West with the once prosperous dairy farms ?!?! At the end of the day you will have thousands of unemployed Whites (farmers) and the country is no better for it... Such Narrow minded policies and thinking will create the pre-warned Zim 2.0.

They need to create new opportunities, not destroy working farms... and families lives. I see a civil war in our future if this is to happen.

Last edited:

J0n0

Expert Member

I've seen greater guests than Julius squirm under the onslaught of the Hardtalk interviewer.

Julius does not have the brain capacity to be offended or comprehend when he's being taken on. ;)

R13...

Honorary Master
When Hannekom was cross examined during the hate speech trial he said he doesn't find the song offense :eek:
Could it be that he has not colour bar & not offended because he's not a farmer or boer?

I think farmers have a right not to have someone singing about killing them, metaphor or not.

F

Fudzy

I think the government needs reply on Julius statement re: taking over the land. If anyone thinks this is official word just think of the number of times that Julius has shot his mouth off.

darkevil

Idiots come in all colours.

When Hannekom was cross examined during the hate speech trial he said he doesn't find the song offense :eek:

Mr Hannekom is after all in politics............Politics, n: [Poly "many" + tics "blood-sucking parasites"]

As they say..there is no honor among thieves..and politicians are no different.

TheHiveMind

Banned

They have always given more leeway to the extreme left than the extreme right.

Last edited:

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Good thing I'm too poor to own land haha

The problem is all the farmers who own land - they must give it up, and then the land will be turned to a desert within months. What a way to improve the economy.

Last edited:

Ricard

Expert Member
I think the government needs reply on Julius statement re: taking over the land. If anyone thinks this is official word just think of the number of times that Julius has shot his mouth off.

Just keep in mind the separation of powers... the GOVT will deny it, the ANC will support it. Just like nationalisation where it is not Govt policy, it IS anc policy.

TJ99

Honorary Master
The problem is all the farmers who own land - they must give it up, and then the land will be turned to a dessert within months. What a way to improve the economy.

Ooh, I hope it's a chocolate mousse! That's my favorite kind of dessert. :D