JVC tv not supporting Netflix

SLS29

Hi, I just bought a 55’ JVC UHD LED smart tv, I have resubscribed to my netflix account last night I tried watching from my tv, but an error popped up saying that “Netflix needs google play services to work” should I just download google play in order for the app to work? I am able to watching videos on YouTube though.

Sumen

Expert Member
Hi, I just bought a 55’ JVC UHD LED smart tv, I have resubscribed to my netflix account last night I tried watching from my tv, but an error popped up saying that “Netflix needs google play services to work” should I just download google play in order for the app to work? I am able to watching videos on YouTube though.
The JVC TVs have a modified YouTube app, that's why it works. The JVC TV I have has Google play services but it can't be updated so it's outdated and certain apps ask for Google play services to be updated in order to operate.

Download aptoide onto the TV and search for Google play services and and see if it installs. Personally take the TV back and maybe get a sinotec or Hisense and get a Telkom Lit Box.yes sinotec TVs come with Android but you will also have similar problems

Last edited:

SuperPi

Company Representative
Company Rep
Download the play store APK from here and install it on your TV.

JVC tv owner

Hi there. I was able to watch netflix on my jvc smart tv untill saturday 29 September. Now they say that JVC no longer support netflix anymore. Can someone please confirm this or give me a resolution?

infoseeker

I have a 40" Sony Bravia TV (relatively old one) which does not support stuff as modern as Android TV so I bought a Xiaomi Mibox which is a good option if you want Netflix, DSTV Now, etc. but needs a WiFi network connection.

Shake Shake

Hello I bought a 55 jvc smart TV I'm able to watch Netflix n go on YouTube but when I try to watch showmax it gives me an error And 1106,I switched everything off n on but it's still not playing showmax, please help