• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Kempton Park Fibre

NagWolf

Hi Guys

I opened this new thread to discuss any possibility for Fibre in Kempton Park area.

I have spoken to the following ISP's that just told me to wait when its there :

• TTConnect
  • AfriHost
  • Axxess
  • Fredd
  • HomeConnect
  • SAFibre

Can we get one of the ISP's or Fibre providers in this thread to provide any type of an ETA when it will Fibre be in this area as I see threads more than a year old and no ETA's provided

csc003

Good Day Nagwolf,

I stay in Glen Marais and would also like to know an ETA. My adsl line is very unstable, and i have already given up logging faults with Telkom.

gblair

I see that they are installing fibre all along Monument road. Anyone know which company it is?

Derek@82

Hi guys. I see that they are laying Fibre cable in tulbagh road, I see on TT connect side that the area is planned to get done, but when I contacted them they said it is not them laying it, any ideas who it could be. I tried to speak to one of the workers there and I just kept getting a blank lool, he didnt even know the company name he works for. Not sure if it is MTN cause I believe they were laying fibre for their antenna on dann road.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Hi guys. I see that they are laying Fibre cable in tulbagh road, I see on TT connect side that the area is planned to get done, but when I contacted them they said it is not them laying it, any ideas who it could be. I tried to speak to one of the workers there and I just kept getting a blank lool, he didnt even know the company name he works for. Not sure if it is MTN cause I believe they were laying fibre for their antenna on dann road.
If it was mtn to a tower, it will not mean ftth.

Separate networks.

I don't think TT will ever get to the complexes behind Pomona road.

jamacouve

I see that they are installing fibre all along Monument road. Anyone know which company it is?
I saw this a while ago. If I'm not mistaken it was SADV or some other company I hadn't heard of. Once I phoned them to ask they said this was predominatly for Businesses and not catering for home use. ( Something like 5k a month for 10 meg line).

This was about 2 months ago. Not sure on the latest.

Kawak

Any news on this? My Telkom LTE might be coming to an end by December, really need to know about alternatives. No idea if telkom will be continuing with the LTE.

csc003

Good Day All,

I received a letter from Open Serve indicating they will be rolling out Fibre in Glen Marais estimating within the next month or so. (I stay near the corner of Dann road and Monument Road.) I called the number on the letter whereby the Gentlemen confirmed this is legitimate.

I would like to find out if anybody else in the Glen Marais area received the same letter and if they possibly can confirm if this is true.

Thanks in advance

Charl

sand_man

Honorary Master
I cornered an Openserve techie in the Glen Acres shopping centre a couple of months ago and he claimed Fibre would be available in the area before the end of the year so let's hope...

csc003

Good Day All,

Just an update regarding the possible upgrades of Fibre in Glen Marais. I have noticed trenches been dug this past Saturday near my house. Upon asking what was this for (new pipes etc) It was confirmed for fibre. So its looking hopeful, Glen Marais is getting Fibre :)

ponder

Honorary Master
So from installation on the main roads, how long until it reaches homes?
Could take years. I recall several players saturating residential ballito with fibre a good few years ago and only recently did it come live to customers to order.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I have a list of streets/complexes (and surrounds) that are deemed feasible and I am in the process of getting final approval for builds. Should I post those here?

csc003

I have a list of streets/complexes (and surrounds) that are deemed feasible and I am in the process of getting final approval for builds. Should I post those here?
Hi Pinball,

Please do post any information you might have regarding fibre, this will be much appreciated.