KENYA!. Another African Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me I started the year bad. There goes the resolutions! :D I got drawn into a "racial slurry" by Bluecollar and i thought I would not be drawn in one again. I tried hard in the last few months and now I fell for it again. Sorry. Maybe his agenda is to get this locked.

Back to topic. Looking at Kenya, Why is Africa failing then. Why do the leaders want to retain power at all cost, ARE we moving in that direction?

Failing Kenya means failing Africa ....How so???
 
Seems to me I started the year bad. There goes the resolutions! :D I got drawn into a "racial slurry" by Bluecollar and i thought I would not be drawn in one again. I tried hard in the last few months and now I fell for it again. Sorry. Maybe his agenda is to get this locked.

Back to topic. Looking at Kenya, Why is Africa failing then. Why do the leaders want to retain power at all cost, ARE we moving in that direction?

Did you read the article I linked? If you're asking a sincere question that's a posssible answer.
 
...we'll however not pay attention to the violence and all the other negative things happenning elsewhere on this earth...
Yeah at what chance ratio! I know its difficult to understand or comprehend for some but I just wonder how sure you are You that everyone in the family will be united tonight? Thats the crux of our local problem. Thats not the discussion here. Kenya is!
 
HAPPY new Year for you Feo and as well everyone else I missed. May all change and we see light instead of this grim picture presenting itself.

That's better. :D

No racial connotation. Thats what they feel and perceive because I ask factual questions. Now I am blamed for racism. Because? I claim

- Africa is still evolving
- Africa leaders cannot lead
- There is a problem with barbarism and savage behavior in Africa
- What is the common Failed Africa leadership denominator

So if asking the questions makes me a racist then I suppose that is so. My believe is does not mater what I say or ask it will be perceived that way.

Why don't you tell us what the common denominator is? Corruption? Laziness? Greed? All politicians (well most at least) possess those qualities.

BTW Ditto is a exclamation or POINT! and Pronto is Quick, soon fast! Whatever unless someone here want to link some racism to it.

Nope, ditto.
 
I think we need to coin a new term. Being anti-African doesn't make you racist; its similar to being anti-communism or anti-fundamentalism.

Indeed, it doesn't mean so. Its the sad negative mentality people have of another race. The good thing is that there's few of such people.
 
That's better. :D



Why don't you tell us what the common denominator is? Corruption? Laziness? Greed? All politicians (well most at least) possess those qualities.

.

Ok Yeah all in that list and many others. That was also the downfall of Chaka Zulu. Anyway most leaders know when their time is up and have to hand over. That makes democracies work and revive any slow down or clutter. In Africa they believe different!
 
Ok Yeah all in that list and many others. That was also the downfall of Chaka Zulu. Anyway most leaders know when their time is up and have to hand over. That makes democracies work and revive any slow down or clutter. In Africa they believe different!

If Tony Blair can step down, anyone can :D
 
Ok Yeah all in that list and many others. That was also the downfall of Chaka Zulu. Anyway most leaders know when their time is up and have to hand over. That makes democracies work and revive any slow down or clutter. In Africa they believe different!
But those traits are not exclusive to Africa, it's that people in Africa are not educated or proactive enough to get a corrupt leader booted from his position.
 
But those traits are not exclusive to Africa, it's that people in Africa are not educated or proactive enough to get a corrupt leader booted from his position.

I agree. But IMHO those are the ones that make Africa fail as they do not seem to have the control or mindset. Like a gambler. Never know when to stop even if its at the expense of your family.
 
I agree. But IMHO those are the ones that make Africa fail as they do not seem to have the control or mindset. Like a gambler. Never know when to stop even if its at the expense of your family.
Zimbabwe is a typical example of that, ol' Bob has been there for how many centuries now and there's still people that support him. :eek: The mind boggles.

But then what about the US, we all know Bush is a war-mongering oil-loving Texan that has no clue how to run a country yet he too has supporters, can you explain that away with a "black evolution savages" argument?
 
Zimbabwe is a typical example of that, ol' Bob has been there for how many centuries now and there's still people that support him. :eek: The mind boggles.

But then what about the US, we all know Bush is a war-mongering oil-loving Texan that has no clue how to run a country yet he too has supporters, can you explain that away with a "black evolution savages" argument?

Ah, but only two terms. Say what you want, but as a whole, the US has the foresight (something lacking in African management) to prevent him ruling indefinitely. This has to do with the fact that neither party controls so much of the country that they can push through constitutional changes unless both parties agree on the necessity, such as the 22nd Amendment.

A person like Bush can lead a country, in so much as the can't control the country due to an advanced democracy.
 
Zimbabwe is a typical example of that, ol' Bob has been there for how many centuries now and there's still people that support him. :eek: The mind boggles.

But then what about the US, we all know Bush is a war-mongering oil-loving Texan that has no clue how to run a country yet he too has supporters, can you explain that away with a "black evolution savages" argument?

He is but one shrimp in and open sea and what he says or do has little meaning on the broader scheme of things. In Africa what Mugabe says is as if words is uttered by an GOD.

I will bet if Mbeki or Zuma just utter the words discussed hear a while ago there will be mass murders happening here. Thats the differrenc IMHO.
 
I see nothing much has changed on this forum, we still have the myKKK group still around, with NoADSLyet and Marine1 fighting to be declared high priest. :D

And they continue to insinuate "Africans" are not fully developed and are inferiour. And yet they want to be able to write in an application form that they are african. If that is not an identity crisis then I don't know what it is.

Happy new year to all, and I hope your emigration FINALLY comes through, coz I'm really growing sick and tired of the moaning.
 
I see nothing much has changed on this forum, we still have the myKKK group still around, with NoADSLyet and Marine1 fighting to be declared high priest. :D

And they continue to insinuate "Africans" are not fully developed and are inferiour. And yet they want to be able to write in an application form that they are african. If that is not an identity crisis then I don't know what it is.

Happy new year to all, and I hope your emigration FINALLY comes through, coz I'm really growing sick and tired of the moaning.

AND I see you still hangs around. Just came for a boost or want to feel sorry for yourself again. Shame

Happy new yearto you too and I hope you can talk some sense into the heads of your friends as now you can even look forward to an Kenyan example for our country as is the case with ZIM.
 
Happy new year to all, and I hope your emigration FINALLY comes through, coz I'm really growing sick and tired of the moaning.

Happy New Year and all the best for 2008. I'm enjoying the sunny Mdantsane , East London weather. I dont remember the last time its been this hot with no rain this time of the year. Driving to CT tomorrow and back to Jhb next week. I hope everyone will have a good, safe journey back home.
 
Happy New Year and all the best for 2008. I'm enjoying the sunny Mdantsane , East London weather. I dont remember the last time its been this hot with no rain this time of the year. Driving to CT tomorrow and back to Jhb next week. I hope everyone will have a good, safe journey back home.

Enjoy, Just drive carefully please. You have to drive for all those cars surrounding you too!
 
Happy New Year and all the best for 2008. I'm enjoying the sunny Mdantsane , East London weather. I dont remember the last time its been this hot with no rain this time of the year. Driving to CT tomorrow and back to Jhb next week. I hope everyone will have a good, safe journey back home.

Is that near Kenya? :D
 
Happy new year to all, and I hope your emigration FINALLY comes through, coz I'm really growing sick and tired of the moaning.

My First New Year wish is for the wishes of others to come through before mine. I'm certainly staying in South Africa. Its not everything I grew up wishing for but its gone a long way towards that.

My second and last New Year wish is for a decrease in crime, improvement in Health and Education system in South Africa this year.
 
Ah, but only two terms. Say what you want, but as a whole, the US has the foresight (something lacking in African management) to prevent him ruling indefinitely. This has to do with the fact that neither party controls so much of the country that they can push through constitutional changes unless both parties agree on the necessity, such as the 22nd Amendment.

A person like Bush can lead a country, in so much as the can't control the country due to an advanced democracy.

Bush sure isnt black but i'm damn sure his gene pool had a pool cover on when evolution came knocking... :D

Don't count Bush out. 2008 Might hold a surprise or two. :eek:

Bush paves way for Martial Law

Even 'advanced' democracies can be overtaken easily by a few interested people.

Sec. 1042 of the Act, "Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies," effectively overturns what is known as posse comitatus. The Posse Comitatus Act is a law, passed in 1878, that prohibits the use of the regular military within the U.S. borders. The original passage of the Posse Comitatus Act was a very reactionary move that sealed the betrayal of Black people after the Civil War and brought the period of Reconstruction to an end. It decreed that federal troops could no longer be used inside the former Confederate states to enforce the new legal rights of Black people. Black people were turned over to the armed police and Klansmen serving the southern plantation owners, and the long period of Jim Crow began.

During the 20th century, posse comitatus objectively started to play a new role within the bourgeois democratic framework: as a legal barrier to the direct influence of the powerful military establishment and the armed forces over domestic U.S. society. It served to some degree as an obstacle against military coups and presidents seizing military control over the country. (However, National Guard troops have been legally available to the ruling class for use inside the U.S., and there have been other loopholes to the prohibition of the use of armed forces domestically, as in the mobilization of Marine troops during the 1992 L.A. Rebellion.)

So the changes to posse comitatus signed into law by Bush are extremely significant and ominous. Bush has modified the main exemptions to posse comitatus that up to now have been primarily defined by the Insurrection Act of 1807. Previously the president could call out the army in the United States only in cases of insurrection or conditions where "rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State or Territory by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings." Under the new law the president can use the military in response to a natural disaster, a disease outbreak, a terrorist attack or "other condition in which the President determines that domestic violence has occurred to the extent that state officials cannot maintain public order."

The new law requires the President to notify Congress "as soon as practicable after the determination and every 14 days thereafter during the duration of the exercise of the authority." However Bush, as he has often done during his presidency, modified this requirement in his signing statement, which declared, "The executive branch shall construe such provisions in a manner consistent with the President's constitutional authority to withhold information the disclosure of which could impair foreign relations, the national security, the deliberative processes of the Executive." In other words, Bush claims that he does not even need to inform Congress that martial law has been declared!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X