Kill Her!

feo

Honorary Master
They don't want to be tarred with the same brush they need to get their own under control or denounce them completely.
I doubt Muslims from across the world are gonna fly to Sudan and give them a good talking to and tell them to calm down.

JayM

Expert Member
I agree they're going overboard here.

But if you wanna name your teddy or pet pig something, just show some consideration and name it anything other than Muhammed, it really can't be that hard.
I fail to see why I need to show any respect to a religion whose holy book does not offer me the same decency. The Quran paints a pretty gory picture of what kafirs (infidels) can expect in hell, and condemns them thereto for all eternity.

And we must show respect for it? Get real. :rolleyes:

feo

Honorary Master
I fail to see why I need to show any respect to a religion whose holy book does not offer me the same decency. The Quran paints a pretty gory picture of what kafirs (infidels) can expect in hell, and condemns them thereto for all eternity.

And we must show respect for it? Get real. :rolleyes:
Why even bring that up? It's not like Muslims go around pointing fingers at non Muslims saying "you're going to hell".

What does the Bible say about non-Christians? (serious question, I'm not Christian so I don't know) Even if it doesn't say that non Christians will go to hell, I'm sure Muslims wouldn't take it personally that the Bible doesn't view them as being on the same level as Christians, so why should you get so agro when the Quran says such things about non Muslims?

Last edited:

Frankie

Executive Member
The sudanese? Yeah they do..

Muslims in general? Muslims in general don't carry on this this..
You either have a very short memory, or well and truly brainwashed if you don't recall how the worlds Muslims behaved like animals during the cartoon saga (sorry animals).
We also recall many Muslim countries celebrating their achievements in the case of the WTC terrorist act on 11 Sept 01 .

Last edited:

JayM

Expert Member
Why even bring that up? It's not like Muslims go around pointing fingers at non Muslims saying "you're going to hell".

What does the Bible say about non-Christians? (serious question, I'm not Christian so I don't know) Even if it doesn't say that non Christians will go to hell, I'm sure Muslims wouldn't take it personally that the Bible doesn't view them as being on the same level as Christians.
I bring it up because it's relevant to your roll-eyes post made to me. You're asking me to respect a religion which does not respect me, and I will not do that. I never said Muslims run around pointing fingers saying I'm going to hell. My issue here is not with all Muslims - it's with the holy book, and those who insist on following it 100% literally.

Regarding your question, I can't really answer as I am not a Christian. From my Sunday school days, I can recall that a similar brand of fear and dogma was on offer though.

feo

Honorary Master
You either have a very short memory, or well and truly brainwashed if you don't recall how the worlds Muslims behaved like animals during the cartoon saga (sorry animals).
We also recall many Muslim countries celebrating their achievements in the case of the WTC terrorist act on 11 Sept 01 .
I'm not brainwashed, protesting against the blasphemy of those cartoons was fine but to those that did it VIOLENTLY, that's a different story.

Oh, and that second statement of yours is BS. Terrorist groups might well have been behind 9/11 but you're trying to project their violent behavior onto the entire Muslim population.

killadoob

Honorary Master
im sorry humans are more animals than animals are

just look at the world

most animals just want to eat food and mozi about

we kill rape murder

i've never heard of any animal murdering or raping or killing innocent ANIMALS in the name of their GOD

we are the sick stuff and animals should be called God rather than us, because the human race lost itself along time ago

noxibox

Honorary Master
But if you wanna name your teddy or pet pig something, just show some consideration and name it anything other than Muhammed, it really can't be that hard.
I don't think people's religious beliefs are entitled to any special treatment.

Ah but it's not Islam that encourages/teaches this behavior. It's the PEOPLE that snap very quickly when something that they don't like is said and the rest of the world just jumps to the conclusion that Muslims are wild, raging, blood-thirsty savages that get a pinched nerve at the smallest thing said or done against Islam, which isn't true.
As with religions like Christianity it is the fanatical fundamentalist loonies that make the most noise. And just as with Christianity if I don't hear moderate, particularly prominent, members of the religion coming out and making an effort to counter the crazy idiots, then I am going to assume they condone the behaviour.

noxibox

Honorary Master
The exact same can be said for Christianity.

XCentricdave

As with religions like Christianity it is the fanatical fundamentalist loonies that make the most noise.
And are the most dangerous...

I find organised religion hard to deal with in any guise. Each group worships its single or multiple gods, says that they have it right and everyone else is wrong. They can't all be right. Saying that, the majority of people that follow a religion don't worry too much about all of that, and follow the try to be nice to each other stuff. That's okay. When religion is used to make someone better than someone else, or used to justify horrendous acts, that is not okay.

Anyway, religion goes on about peace, love, caring, tolerance etc etc. So surely religious fundamentalists should care, love and tolerate far far more... That would work:)

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Maybe an Islamic person can explain to me why anyone with a brain would want to kill a teacher who allowed her class to call a teddy bear Muhammed (?)...

This is why I dislike religion....
Because all religions are alike as are all of their followers. Provide me with your details so that I can contact the Vatican and make them issue a Fatwa against you.

PeterCH

Honorary Master
Only to members of the same religion apparently.
You are so right about that.

“[The Church] is because of all that more serviceable for her mission of salvation for all: God 'desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.' … Accordingly, what is in question here is man in all his truth, in his full magnitude. We are not dealing with the "abstract" man, but the real, "concrete", "historical" man. We are dealing with "each" man, for each one is included in the mystery of the Redemption and with each one Christ has united himself for ever through this mystery. … The [Second Vatican] Council points out this very fact when, speaking of that likeness, it recalls that "man is the only creature on earth that God willed for itself". Man as "willed" by God, as "chosen" by him from eternity and called, destined for grace and glory-this is "each" man, "the most concrete" man, "the most real"; this is man in all the fullness of the mystery in which he has become a sharer in Jesus Christ, the mystery in which each one of the four thousand million human beings living on our planet has become a sharer from the moment he is conceived beneath the heart of his mother.”
John Paul II - (Encyclical Redemptor Hominis 5, 13).

http://www.romancatholicism.org/jpii-quotes.htm