Jan

Drifting in the black
I thought the ETC act made direct marketing without permission illegal already?
We'll be publishing a follow-up story soon, but in essence the ECT Act "only" makes it illegal if you've opted out.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
And it will make marketing from legit businesses problematic.. spammers won't give two shytes and continue on as per normal.

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Any business valuing user's privacy would have by now followed the CAN-SPAM act. Will be interesting to see how this will be enforced.

MKFrost

Expert Member
Another law for those who don't give a ***** just like RICA and the like.

I get a number of direct marketing mails but once I unsubscribe I never hear of them again, so no problem. The number of these mails are small in comparison to the 'real' junk mail I get from all over the world. These come from people who will give POPI the middle finger, just like criminals in this country give RICA the middle finger.

All this law will be good for is for that one or two idiot companies who blatantly spam people, but other than that of little use in my opinion except for adding to the administration load in small businesses.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
This SA why worrry because just like RICS it won't work and even if it did our legal system doesn't. All laws are only obeyed to by the lawful and the corrupt and criminals get away with almost everything, government and the cadres included in the latter.