Korean Fire noodles

cavedog

Honorary Master
Anyone tried them? I ate them before. They are soooooo tasty but wow they are hot. I actually begged my mum when she was visiting to take me to the hospital. Found a place in Midrand selling them for R15 or R18 a packet. Very nice place that got lots of stuff for very reasonable prices actually.

korean_fire_noodles.png

Sean008

Expert Member
Anyone tried them? I ate them before. They are soooooo tasty but wow they are hot. I actually begged my mum when she was visiting to take me to the hospital. Found a place in Midrand selling them for R15 or R18 a packet. Very nice place that got lots of stuff for very reasonable prices actually.

View attachment 595190
Wait, what ?/ where you sh_itting blood and stuff , that you wanted your mom to take you to the hospital ? Was it that hot ?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Wait, what ?/ where you sh_itting blood and stuff , that you wanted your mom to take you to the hospital ? Was it that hot ?
No not that bad but yeah was hot my stomach felt on fire and mg mouth was burning soooo bad. I can eat hot stuff. Like a very Hot Durban bunny without even breaking a sweat but these noodles were fire.

bheinche

Expert Member
My local spar sells all the variants of these noodles. The fire noodles however remains a firm favorite in the house

schuits

Expert Member
Cannot compare Maggi noodles to anything from Asia..
Maggi = cancer in a packet
Agreed.
Whenever we goto china town I grab a bunch of noodle packets. Don't always know what flavour is inside, but they're great. Fookin hot sometimes though.

Had curry flavoured potnoodles from the UK the other day, yuck!

GoB

Expert Member
Also try Indomie Mi Goreng if you haven't - eaten dry (water drained).

Then you add 4 packets with soy sauce, oil, chilli, and other flavouring including MSG I assume.

They can be found in Pick n Pay and Spar sometimes for about R5.

image_360x.jpg

jun_tao

Dude, I’m in northern subs when in CT. Where would I find this gold ?
I’m in Durbanville
Two places that I know sells this stuff, the one is a store called Live Mart. Very nice chinese store. They also sell bakery stuff and bubble tea. Their fried chicken nugget are amazing.

https://www.google.co.za/maps/place...25bfe6ef74eb83!8m2!3d-33.8764439!4d18.5130619

Other place is another chinese grocery store. Mun Fong in Monte Vista

https://www.google.co.za/maps/place...e1416cd07237a7!8m2!3d-33.8887978!4d18.5534835

Cheers.