Lisa Chiat Fired from Cape Talk

Since when does someone get fired or no reason... trust me, there is a reason ;)

We just don't know it yet.
 
I really cant wait to hear the reason behind it though.
 
she said something about moving on the other day but i am not sad she has gone as i thought she talks to much and seems very full of herself, as for soli, sometimes he comes across as a black man with a chip on his shoulder.
 
News Link: http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/59/25335.html

Soli Philander is returning to 567 CapeTalk, taking up the 1pm - 3pm weekday slot as Lisa Chait moves on after a decade at the station, it was announced yesterday, Monday, 9 June 2008.

Colleen Louw, 567 CapeTalk station manager, said that Chait has always added great value to the station's development since its inception. “We hope that this won't be a final goodbye and that Lisa will still share her thoughts with the station's listeners from time to time. I have no doubt that she will succeed in any venture she sets her sights on in future,” Louw added.

Philander, who has been a freelance presenter for the talk station for a number of years, is also a South African actor, director, comedian, playwright and columnist. He is best known as the host of M-Net's game show “Are you smarter than a 5th grader?” and the Afrikaans music quiz show “Liriekeraai.” Television viewers will also remember him as the host of the first season of e.tv's charity reality show “Let's Fix It.”

Talking about Philander's radio show, starting on 1 July and titled “Time Out with Soli Philander”, Louw said, “Soli is going to afford listeners a time to discuss, reflect and celebrate life in Cape Town and in South Africa.”

“I am very excited to be back at CapeTalk. I look forward to interacting with the listeners and reflecting on the varied opinions of the people of Cape Town,” said Philander.

[10 Jun 2008 09:25]
 
he also likes to play the slot machines and grandwest casino, we walked pass him once.
 
I'm not familiar with the station, or it's listener demographics, but maybe they want to appeal to a larger market of listeners?
 
They play more music on Talk 702 than they do on 5fm these days. And when they do play music on 5fm, its some cr@p hip hop

Judging by music sales, I think you are in the minority with that opinion.
 
Lol, so the standard for music being good is how much it sells?

Music taste is subjective, there is no absolute standard. And if you READ my first post, you will see that I said he is in the minority, not that he is wrong
 
Little bit I have heard Soli on the radio... he is just too sweet.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X