Luno Support and Queries Thread

Stewie

Withdrew at 7h54 on the 18th March 2020. My issue is more with the silent treatment from Luno.
I've actually had pretty quick responses from their facebook chat - they did completely **** up everything with regards to my account and no one knew what was going on, but they did it quickly.

hmadhi

I've actually had pretty quick responses from their facebook chat - they did completely **** up everything with regards to my account and no one knew what was going on, but they did it quickly.
Yeah, thanks for the tip. I will take it to twitter.

hmadhi

very worrying considering our situation. My account is now locked. no communication from luno regards my withdrawal. there is no phone number to make contact.

faheemadam

what bank is your account with? Also is it in your name?
dont understand ? what has my bank got to do with this ?

the error is when transferring ETH from the ETH wallet to another ETH address

" Ethereum address must contain uppercase and lowercase letters for safety (EIP55) "

Snyper564

Executive Member
dont understand ? what has my bank got to do with this ?

the error is when transferring ETH from the ETH wallet to another ETH address

" Ethereum address must contain uppercase and lowercase letters for safety (EIP55) "
Sorry missed that long day... did you put in all the lower and uppercase letters and still get the error?

faheemadam

yes. also alternating upper and lower. but this is dumb, no other exchange does this, why does luno ? i wonder if i am the only person complaining about this issue, anyone else with luno account can confirm ?

BBSA

Honorary Master
I want to buy some bitcoins for the long term. I'm trying to buy some at Luno with ZARs but I see they want to ask me a 2% fee. Is this correct, it seems expensive?

faheemadam

SOLUTION FOR :

Etherscan, an online Ethereum Blockchain Explorer, allows conversions for these older addresses. Please follow the instructions below to get an EIP55 compatible address:

-Copy the wallet address you want to send to
-Open https://etherscan.io/
-Paste the address in the search bar on the top right-hand side of the screen and click Go
-The wallet address is now displayed as a valid EIP55 address with upper and lower case letters
-Copy the wallet address and paste it back into the Luno app and hit send

If you have completed the steps above, the ETH transaction should now be accepted and will be processed as per normal.

Snyper564

Executive Member
I want to buy some bitcoins for the long term. I'm trying to buy some at Luno with ZARs but I see they want to ask me a 2% fee. Is this correct, it seems expensive?
rather buy on valr or binance now way cheaper fees i hardly ever use luno they have the highest fees I use valr the most but starting to use binance now. Both local. Valr has the higher volumes though

Swa

Honorary Master
That's a direct buy. Using the exchange it's 1% at most but 0% for maker orders.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Don’t buy from the wallet, buy from exchange.

The wallet is basically the “easy/fast purchase” option and costs more.

I can't get anything out of Luno Twitter. Tried a tweet and a DM. Anyone know if you can have more than one account, or open a sub-account. Need to separate trading and holding. Just cleaner that way.

saor

Honorary Master
I can't get anything out of Luno Twitter. Tried a tweet and a DM. Anyone know if you can have more than one account, or open a sub-account. Need to separate trading and holding. Just cleaner that way.
Hold in a seperate, offline wallet.
Trade with Luno.