McDonald's prices increased?

marco79

Expert Member
Last week a Cajun medium meal with Coke Zero was R39.90. Today it is R44.50. That's more than an 11% increase.

I don't normally keep tabs on any of the other meals offered.

Are the in-store pricing more than online?

Venomous

Honorary Master
Last week a Cajun medium meal with Coke Zero was R39.90. Today it is R44.50. That's more than an 11% increase.

Was it ordered through a delivery service?

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Can depend on the drinks due to sugar tax.

Medium McMeal and a Coke is R42, with a Stoney, sprite or Coke Zero its R40.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Considering its been R39.90 for well over two years, I was kind of expecting it. Surprised the big Mac has remained that price. Was only supposed to be a special as in early 2017 it was roughly R45

Lupus

Honorary Master
Funny how government wants to "protect" people from sugar, but is ok with these artificial sweeteners..

I would rather have 1 "real" coke, than 10 of these fake ones
Why would you have 10 of them? Also there isn't anything wrong with sweetners if you don't have a lot of it, same as anything. The government isn't okay with it, they thought they could make more money by charging people for sugar, it's got nothing to do with health.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Why would you have 10 of them? Also there isn't anything wrong with sweetners if you don't have a lot of it, same as anything. The government isn't okay with it, they thought they could make more money by charging people for sugar, it's got nothing to do with health.
you say that, but at Burger King, one can get sugar and non sugar drinks for the EXACT same price.
so how much of this is actually due to sugar tax, and how much is due to them being greedy.

Lupus

Honorary Master
you say that, but at Burger King, one can get sugar and non sugar drinks for the EXACT same price.
so how much of this is actually due to sugar tax, and how much is due to them being greedy.
Not them if you look at it, look at the suppliers, BK has Pepsi which as we know tries to keep the 2l anywhere from R13.99 to R20 (highest I've seen), compared to ABI who try to keep coke at R20 to R25 for 2litres even their diet drinks are more then Pepsi.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Not them if you look at it, look at the suppliers, BK has Pepsi which as we know tries to keep the 2l anywhere from R13.99 to R20 (highest I've seen), compared to ABI who try to keep coke at R20 to R25 for 2litres even their diet drinks are more then Pepsi.
so if Mcdonalds had to swap to Pepsi? what would happen then?
would the prices change? especially sugar vs non sugar drinks.

The_MAC

Expert Member
I would sacrifice drinking it daily and have a proper one once every 10 days.. For the sake of my health.

That's why I quoted the "protect" word, we all know its about money

There is also a lot that we don't know about these sweeteners - not to mention that cash is king, anyone and everyone will swing it whichever way to make a profit, even if your health suffers as a cost of it.

Random717

Expert Member

Was it the same McDonalds? I've seen R2 - R6 differences in price for a double quarter pounder burger between different branches in JHB.

marco79

Expert Member
McDonald's probably makes more profit off the sodas than the burgers. It costs a fraction of the price for their sodas than what they charge us for it.

marco79

Expert Member
Was it the same McDonalds? I've seen R2 - R6 differences in price for a double quarter pounder burger between different branches in JHB.
Now it makes sense why you can't see pricing until you've logged on to their website and selected a restaurant.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Who knows, but possible? Though I'm sure they've got contracts and such in place.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I would sacrifice drinking it daily and have a proper one once every 10 days.. For the sake of my health.

That's why I quoted the "protect" word, we all know its about money

There is also a lot that we don't know about these sweeteners - not to mention that cash is king, anyone and everyone will swing it whichever way to make a profit, even if your health suffers as a cost of it.
What don't we know about those sweeteners?