Microsoft testing Your Phone app for Windows 10

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Microsoft testing Your Phone app for Windows 10

Microsoft has released the latest update for its Windows 10 Insider Preview build, which includes new functionality for interfacing with Android smartphones.

The update includes the first set of features for the Your Phone app, which allows users to seamlessly share files between their smartphone and their Windows 10 PC.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Would be cool if they include a proper way to sync Phone and Outlook calendars without the need for 3rd party apps or workarounds.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
You can already access your mobile photos immediately on Windows. Just use OneDrive or Google Photos.

Would be cool if they include a proper way to sync Phone and Outlook calendars without the need for 3rd party apps or workarounds.
My calendar is in sync between desktop Outlook and mobile Outlook?

Petec

Expert Member
My mail syncs fine, but the outlook agenda widget (calendar) keeps bombing and not syncing.
Super frustrating.

Last edited:

Arthur

Honorary Master
This is another reason why I love Win 10 Mobile on the Lumia. Mail, Contacts, Calendars are perfectly and seamlessly in sync - three O365 enterprise accounts, one O365 personal account, three IMAP accounts, and one POP account. Oh, and a Gmail account, which I got when I tried to move to Android, and failed precisely because of these sync hassles.

All just works without issue on the Lumia.

Last edited:

garyc

Expert Member
You would need the more business orientated iPhone for that sort of requirement.

TimTDP

Expert Member
I use Office 365 and an Android phone.
Sync works well.

But I do agree with you. Without Office 365 it is a pain

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Or must I draw a picture?
Outlook is made by Microsoft. From the context of your calendar, it's a first party app. Or at least, hardly a 'workaround'. The Gmail app and Google Calendar work best by miles with Google accounts, so will never be a solution for everyone.

You would need the more business orientated iPhone for that sort of requirement.
I don't see how Android is any less business friendly. Most companies I know give out Android flagships instead of iPhones. They're cheaper to buy and repair. Any apps you need are available. Google integration is tighter. Security has been excellent for a while now.