Mini Cooper S

RazorCPT

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone bought a Mini Cooper S in the last few years?

Looking quite seriously at getting one but the After Sales experience I have been able to find online seems mixed.

Would appreciate any feedback/personal experiences any of you have had and whether you regret the purchase.

Also, there seems to be a general opinion that these cars are more for ladies, than men. I personally think the S is fine but anyone's thoughts?

Thanks!

Ares1000101

This might or might not help, but I always judge guys driving a mini.

The 'S' or 'JCW' looks good but I wouldn't ever get one. It's a small car as well

roadcat

Expert Member
I had the JCW supercharged version. Was the most awesome car I have every owned! Still miss it, and taking everyone out robot to robot. Had no issues with BMW and support.

I changed it once I had 2nd child, no really a family car :)

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
I am on my second Mini, none have been the "S" model.

I have had zero issues with any of my cars and BMW gives EXCELLENT service. No complaints.

A friend of mine has the "Cooper S" and is also very happy.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Try & be more specific on which generation Cooper S that you are keen on:

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

RazorCPT

This might or might not help, but I always judge guys driving a mini.

The 'S' or 'JCW' looks good but I wouldn't ever get one. It's a small car as well

Haha, I tend to judge guys driving convertibles. Just to confirm, why would you never get one? You have friends that had a bad experience or just your general opinion on the brand?

RazorCPT

I am on my second Mini, none have been the "S" model.

I have had zero issues with any of my cars and BMW gives EXCELLENT service. No complaints.

A friend of mine has the "Cooper S" and is also very happy.

Thanks for the feedback. What sort of fuel economy are you getting, and also your friend if you know off hand?

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Thanks for the feedback. What sort of fuel economy are you getting, and also your friend if you know off hand?

Nope, will have to look at the computer.
There are three different settings, Mid, Sport and Green. I have it on Mid 99% of the time.

Jchan11hk

If people are scared of driving Mini's, 500's or any convertibles based on image, go drive a bakkie.:p

Back to Mini, just check on the warranty period and maintenance plan, I believe they used to off 2 years only. So I think that tells you something about its product. One of my friends drives a Countryman JCW, and he is quite happy about it.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
I suggest you google fuel consumption for the S.

My fuel usage is 11 km/l , but I have the aircon on all the time and use the heated seats in winter. It is a Countryman so much bigger than a normal Mini.

325i

Just got a Cooper S myself! And all I can say is if you find a good deal, take it!

2018 8k km, pre lci, JCW Tuning Kit, Led lights, manual, not much 'extras' but the standard kit is decent (auto lights/wipers/infotainment system/start stop/5yr motorplan/cloth seats) . Inside is pretty much a Mini skinned BMW interior, and if you go 2018 lci you get leather seats and upgraded interior and tech.

Fuel consumption I can get it down to 9.5 in normal mid mode, sport mode with the exhaust open looking around 10/11. Don't use the Aircon much.

Got it mainly due to the JCW tuning kit/exhaust, the Cooper S is such a fun car to drive like a proper go-kart feeling and with the exhaust 'open' it pops nicely a JMPD officer even commended the set up.

With regards to dealer service/after sales service I cannot fault MINI Zambesi, they properly look after you and your car. Honestly stellar service and effort. If I had the cash for another mini they would definitely get my order

Roof wrap, bonnet stripes and JCW kit were done by the mini dealer.
9e57c58387d53a5008561fd90807fcf4.jpg
ccece18f899628c2cc79f040e1436a4e.jpg

Last edited: