Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mentioned before on this thread but Castaway on the Moon is worth seeing: 8/10. Lee Hae-jun seems to be a Korean Jeunet.
 
Her - 9/10

Awesome script, great performances from Joaquin Phoenix and Scarlett Johnasson - infact the entire cast.
Shot to perfection.

Thor 2: The Dark World - 5/10
Baseless, boring, run of the mill Marvel action.
Not even Natalie Portman could save this one for me. Why it needed a sequel besides Hollywood cashing in on this movie - I don't know.
I also don't know why I'm giving it 5/10.

Gravity - 8/10
The special effects, the long continous shots which just warp your sense of direction - awesome.
Great performance by Sandra Bullock.
It was gripping enough to keep me entertained and mind fscked at the epicness of the way it was shot, along with spectacular special effects.
 
Escape Plan - 5.5/10

Had such potential, then all of a sudden turned into one big cheese ball. Disappointed.
 
Mystery Road- 7.5

I would have given it 8 if I didn't have to Google a bit to find out more about the plot..

Set in some Schytehole outback town, a indigenous Australian detective comes to town after a 10 year break - and needs to solve the death of a young girl.

There's no light in the movie, just as there's no hope in the town.

Great cast all round - one almost felt there were no actors used, just townsfolk.

Footnote: Why does anyone live in places like this ?
 
Just watched As Jy Sing. Bleh. Afrikaans musical type movie. Family loves it, not me though. If I have to rate it from their point of view... 6/10
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X