Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never Back Down. (5.5/10)

An entertaining (though not original movie at all) movie, with a lot of cliches. You do feel like joining the closest MMA club after watching this movie :p:D
 
RoboCop - 4/10

Entertaining but that is about it. Meh.
 

Some of the acting in White House Down actually made me cringe.

Like at the end where Jamie Foxx shouts out of the chopper "I go nowhere without my protection".

It just made the movie totally unbelievable and a farce.
 
American Hustle - 8/10. Fantastic performances by Jennifer Lawrence, Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper.
 
Performances were good, but the movie itself wasn't as good as expected.

I agree, that's why I didn't score it higher. From the aspect of acting, period recreation, and a lot of other things it would have deserved a higher score even than 8.
 
Never Back Down. (5.5/10)

An entertaining (though not original movie at all) movie, with a lot of cliches. You do feel like joining the closest MMA club after watching this movie :p:D

It's like a karate kid rehash. Very mediocre.
 
Blue Jasmine 7/10. Great acting and there was a nice story to it - twist at the end. Ending... lets just say watch it for yourself :) I enjoyed it, was really watchable!

Delivery Man 4/10. Pot of crap really but there were a few funny places. I would not recommend this if you have other things to watch lol!.

Frozen 4/10. Do not understand the hype of this movie. Was not the greatest animated movies I have seen. OMG and the music... I am not a big musical fan and after about the 3rd song I was ready to run.

The Frozen Ground 6/10. I actually enjoyed this movie. Thriller with John Cusak and Nicholas cage (yes yes lol).

Captain Phillips 8/10. Really enjoyed this movie. Those Somalie fckers, wanted to klap them they such savages!! Tom Hanks gives a brilliant performance as per usual.
 
Captain Phillips 8/10. Really enjoyed this movie. Those Somalie fckers, wanted to klap them they such savages!! Tom Hanks gives a brilliant performance as per usual.

Irish, don't worry, everything going to be alright :D

I actually reckon the pirate with the above line played his role brilliantly, his performance was the best in the movie I reckon. It was so good I felt like killing him with my bare hands :D
 
Irish, don't worry, everything going to be alright :D

I actually reckon the pirate with the above line played his role brilliantly, his performance was the best in the movie I reckon. It was so good I felt like killing him with my bare hands :D

Although this movie is being drowned by the real crew, here is something interesting:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535109/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

During an interview on NPR's "Fresh Air", Tom Hanks said the first time he met the actors playing the Somali pirates was when they started filming the pirates taking over the bridge. Paul Greengrass mentioned he did this intentionally to build up tension between the actors on board the ship and the actors playing the Somaili pirates.
 
Lone Survivor - 8/10

Almost unbelievable story, but it is based on a true story, so it is true. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X