Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saving Mr Banks 8.5/10. A painstaking recreation on the events surrounding the making of Mary Poppins back in the 60's.

EmmaThompson and Colin Farrell give powerhouse performances.

You'll love this if you enjoyed the original as a kid.

12 Years a Slave. 6/10. Slow and tedious interrupted by dramatic scenes of slave torture. Overrated.
 
Irish, don't worry, everything going to be alright :D

I actually reckon the pirate with the above line played his role brilliantly, his performance was the best in the movie I reckon. It was so good I felt like killing him with my bare hands :D

I know!! lol!! I just wanted to do something the whole time haha! Very good acting!!
 
Delivery Man - 5/10
The Bag Man - 5/10
Reasonable Doubt - 6/10
Homefront - 6/10
Barefoot - 6/10
 
Lone Survivor - 7 / 10

Lost 1 point for soldiers falling of a cliff, banging their heads on rocks and being well enough to shoot.
 
Saving Mr Banks - 6/10. I did some digging around the history of the true story of this event and found out that it took some liberties with the truth that are ironic considering the whole theme of the movie. Maybe you'll enjoy it more; it was enjoyable and well acted, I just was grated by the arrogance of the Hollywood-ification of it.
 
300: Rise of an Empire- 6.5/10. Mindless escapism at its finest. 3D effects were rather good, and Eva Green's breasts alone, added 4/10 to it :p
 
American Hustle - 8/10. Fantastic performances by Jennifer Lawrence, Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper.

I thought Christian Bale was very good, but for some reason I struggle to take Bradley Cooper seriously.
 
Omar (8.5/10)

This was nominated for an Oscar for foreign language film.

Really enjoyed it. Some nice twists. Good story line.
 
The Pacific miniseries - 2/10

It needs a Major Winters, Captain Spears & Nixon, and Easy company.
 
Delivery Man 6.5/10. Enjoyable.The story got me thinking and the performances ok
Wolf of Wallstreet 7.5/10 Entertaining. Good story and a solid performances from Dicaprio and Hill
Ender's Game - 7.0/10 Well put together but not enough fast-paced action...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X