Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Room (2015) 8/10

Absolute excellent piece of cinema. Superbly well acted by Brie Larson & that young kid. You feel the pain & anguish; the mother in particular; had to endure.
Some momentum drops off slightly in the last 40mins but it's a brilliant watch.
 
Room (2015) 8/10

Absolute excellent piece of cinema. Superbly well acted by Brie Larson & that young kid. You feel the pain & anguish; the mother in particular; had to endure.
Some momentum drops off slightly in the last 40mins but it's a brilliant watch.

How did you watch it?
 
The Visit - 7/10

Pleasantly surprised.

Spy - 7.5/10

Pretty funny.
 
Spectre (2015) 7/10

This movie has very much split opinion. Bond fan here & on the whole I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the script & its implementation; I enjoyed Christoph Waltz; I enjoyed the (re)introduction of Blofeld; even Bautista was a good hardcore henchman...the train carriage fight. Good marks for the Jag & Aston scene.

What I didn't like was the running time. At almost 2.5hrs it's just too long. It's longest Bond movie in history & what's worse it did not captivate me for the full 2.5hrs. There was a fair bit of flat spots; the other thing was the "love" storyline...what crap is that? This is Bond we're talking about.

On the whole a good if not memorable watch. I still enjoy DC as 007 but his best performance & by far the best Bond movie in recent history is 2006's Casino Royale; that hard edged movie was a game changer in Bond lineage.
The IMDB ratings confirm the love for that movie.

PS: loads of references to SA...thumbs up

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband1453934389.300388.jpg
 
Bridge of Spies - 6.5/10

Atticus Finch defends a Russian spy.
 
Spectre (2015) 7/10

This movie has very much split opinion. Bond fan here & on the whole I enjoyed it.

The other thing was the "love" storyline...what crap is that? This is Bond we're talking about.

View attachment 336565

This is what I liked about Roger Moore. 30 seconds after his chick gets killed in the most horrible way, he spots another chick and its "Hello there". And he didn't mind much if she was actually there to kill him, as long as he could get some action
 
Last edited:
Gone Baby Gone (2007) 7.5/10

Really dunno how I missed this one years back. Caught it on ShowMax...what a gem of note. Ben Affleck directing top marks. Best performance I've seen from Casey Affleck. What a twist at the end; so morally ambiguous & yet sad...an excellent watch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X