Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - 5/10. Tone-deaf, illiterate and boring.

Aggregated Harry Potter score - 7/10. Hermione + Ron? Really??? Sorry spoiler and all that..
 
Last Vegas - 6/10

Was expecting a lot more from such a formidable cast. Its like they tried to hard to be funny. But okay if you have nothing to do on a rainy Sat afternoon.
 
Finally got round it the other day.

Lone Survivor - 7/10 Great action sequences and stunts, which were shot and captured very well.
Lekker "Skiet, skop en donner" movie.
 
Last edited:
Thor Dark world. 7/10.
Not awesomest. But not bad at all either.

Gravity. 7/10.
Expected something like All Is Lost, but at least she talked to herself.
 
Her - 9/10. Short-term future sci-fi 'about' a man falling in love with an AI that turns out to be about all relationships.
 
Afternoon Delight :

A story about a couple who have lost the spark in the relationship.The main actress procures a stripper to be her live in nanny and it all goes downhill from there.This movie didnt seem complete somehow and im still not sure what the main actress wanted from the stripper.
 
Enders Game - 6/10. Felt like something was missing. Haven't read the books so nfi.

Thor The Dark World - 7/10. Enjoyable and will watch again. They just need a bit more shirtless Chris Hemsworth :D
 
It's the best one of the lot! I enjoyed it

I like Riddick more than Pitch black. I just felt this one could have just been made for the $$$$ and not for the completion of the story or because there as a good script for it. I hope that I am wrong.

Dude , Im in that movie, let me know what you think of my acting?

Hahahahahaha, I saw about ten minutes of it yesterday and your goatee is striking!
 
Went old school.

Boogie Nights (1997) 8 / 10

Fantastic cast (including RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman in his all too small T-Shirt).

This is exactly want I imagine the 70's were like.

And Julianne Moore is so hot in this movie :p
 
I like Riddick more than Pitch black. I just felt this one could have just been made for the $$$$ and not for the completion of the story or because there as a good script for it. I hope that I am wrong.



Hahahahahaha, I saw about ten minutes of it yesterday and your goatee is striking!

LOL thnx!! :D
 
RoboCop (2014)- 3.5/10 (I tried really hard to be generous here)

Non-existent story, zero character development, wooden acting from the lead and absolutely no closure to any aspect of said storyline. And this is without any comparison to Verhoeven's original.

The only redeeming factors were the appearances of Michael Keaton, Abbie Cornish (just because, OK) and Samuel L. Jackson, along with certain elements of the film's design. Even Gary Oldman was horribly hamstrung by the terrible screenplay.

When Ed Neumeier commented that the film was not as bad as had imagined, it already did not bode well...
 
Did you sit through it? I've got about 10 minutes of patience for obviously bad movies these days.

Inside Llewyn Davis - 8 or 9/10. This one will rank in the top 5 Coen Brothers films for me; maybe still below Fargo and O Brother though.


The next film I'm excited to see is The Lego Movie. I'll be taking the kids to this when it comes to our cinemas.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X