Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moon (2009) 7.5/10

Very interesting; unique Sci-Fi movie; top performance from Sam Rockwell; Kevin Spacey plays GERTY the robot companion.

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband1439589426.542717.jpg
 
Last edited:
Good Kill (2014) 6.5/10

Ethan Hawke plays a former Air Force Fighter pilot that due to lack of demand if manned planes becomes a drone pilot & questions what he does. Gives good insight into drones used in the "War on Terror".
 
True Story (2015) - 6.5/10

Based on true story

With James Franco & Jonah Hill
 
Jenny's Wedding

When Jenny (Katherine Heigl) decides to marry a woman (Alexis Bledel) ...

Ho-lee ****!!! I gotta see this.

It's a pity Alexis Bledel isn't Emma Watson. :( That would have been perfect.

1911614_10153841202180262_1519813419_n1.png


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny's_Wedding
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That Sugar Film 7.5/10

Entertaining enough, but everyone should watch this for the information provided.
 
Trainwreck (2015) 6/10

Cheesy rom com starring an annoying chick called Amy Schumer. John Cena's role is a redeeming feature.
 
Last edited:
Trainwreck (2015) 6/10

Cheesy rom com starring an annoying chick called Amy Schumer. John Cena's role is a redeeming feature.

Amy Schumer is the best comedienne around at the moment, imo. Dunno about her performance in this.
 
Blown away 1994
7.5/10 Jeff Bridges, Tommy Lee Jones (crappy Irish accent) & U2 tunes.. Great action flick!
 

Of course. There are always articles like this after these films.

Unbeknown to me, I've been eating like he was before and after the experiment and I've dropped 13kgs since February. Also the lethargy I've suffered from all my life has subsided considerably.

But hey, each to their own and I'd rather trust what appears to be reasonable claims and my own findings than some guy writing the inevitable 'quack' science article that comes out after every one of these healthy movies.
 
Of course. There are always articles like this after these films.

Unbeknown to me, I've been eating like he was before and after the experiment and I've dropped 13kgs since February. Also the lethargy I've suffered from all my life has subsided considerably.

But hey, each to their own and I'd rather trust what appears to be reasonable claims and my own findings than some guy writing the inevitable 'quack' science article that comes out after every one of these healthy movies.

Not debating the unhealthiness of sugar, just that most of the 'experts' in the film are noted purveyors of woo quackery. Read the article.
 
Not debating the unhealthiness of sugar, just that most of the 'experts' in the film are noted purveyors of woo quackery. Read the article.

I did before I replied. As with everything related to food and health, there is a middle ground we all need to find ourselves, and this movie is a great way to make ourselves aware of the issues.

/sorry about the OT :)
 
Trainwreck (2015) 6/10

Cheesy rom com starring an annoying chick called Amy Schumer. John Cena's role is a redeeming feature.

Amy was not so bad, funny in parts. Most / all romcoms are cheesy, so this movie was never going to be any different.
 
Amy was not so bad, funny in parts. Most / all romcoms are cheesy, so this movie was never going to be any different.

My issue/gripe with her was her being crass & vulgar for no real reason; it just felt overdone to the point it was a turn off...again imo.

There was the odd (good) moments namely John Cena & "talking dirty" & Bill Hader was good as well. Brie Larson is a cutie.

The trailer gave the impression it would be a rollercoaster of fun & it was not.

A number of other IMDB reviewers share a similar sentiment.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X