Moving from Crystalweb to Openweb

Arc

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hey guy,

I am current on a 100gb capped account with crystalweb, for R279 pm, a couple of days back, I see openweb now offers similar package for R198 pm (actually the openweb offer is better as it is uncapped during 00:00 - 06:00).

I have been hearing mixed opinions about Openweb, does anyone here use openweb capped products and what are your experience with them?

Thanks!
 
That capped account from Crystal Web also has free midnight to 6am data...
 
If you ever do decide to make the move please keep a diary and update us as well...

Yup

And be prepared for a lot of pointing and laughing as you move from a rolls royce to a boxcart
 
I have used a number of providers and Openweb was not only the worst, but actually unusable.

There were times when it came to a standstill, and this happened in the mornings, afternoons and evenings.

Support is terrible too. They are not responsive, and when you do nail them for an answer they are not honest.
 
Hey guy,

I am current on a 100gb capped account with crystalweb, for R279 pm, a couple of days back, I see openweb now offers similar package for R198 pm (actually the openweb offer is better as it is uncapped during 00:00 - 06:00).

I have been hearing mixed opinions about Openweb, does anyone here use openweb capped products and what are your experience with them?

Thanks!

I'm on their 50Gig capped account. Purely due to the price (R185 p/m) and I haven't had any issues.
I always get my full line speed (4mb line)
Downloads are fast, streaming is good, online gaming is also good.
I haven't seen any throttling or such as yet.
 
Hey guy,
I am current on a 100gb capped account with crystalweb, for R279 pm, a couple of days back, I see openweb now offers similar package for R198 pm (actually the openweb offer is better as it is uncapped during 00:00 - 06:00).
I have been hearing mixed opinions about Openweb, does anyone here use openweb capped products and what are your experience with them?
Thanks!

No. Don't. Stay where you are.
 
Hey guy,

I am current on a 100gb capped account with crystalweb, for R279 pm, a couple of days back, I see openweb now offers similar package for R198 pm (actually the openweb offer is better as it is uncapped during 00:00 - 06:00).

I have been hearing mixed opinions about Openweb, does anyone here use openweb capped products and what are your experience with them?

Thanks!

You want to move from the best ISP to the worst ISP? Great idea...
 
I have been hearing mixed opinions about Openweb, does anyone here use openweb capped products and what are your experience with them?

There are no "mixed" opinions about Openweb. They are terrible, end of story. There's no scope for debate or doubt. If you choose to ignore the advice on this forum you only have yourself to blame for the whole world of hurt you are about to experience if you move over to Openweb. Don't say we didn't warn you.
 
Hey guy,

I am current on a 100gb capped account with crystalweb, for R279 pm, a couple of days back, I see openweb now offers similar package for R198 pm (actually the openweb offer is better as it is uncapped during 00:00 - 06:00).

I have been hearing mixed opinions about Openweb, does anyone here use openweb capped products and what are your experience with them?

Thanks!

Keoma? Is that you?

Seriously though..pretty sure you will regret it.
 
Hey guy,

I am current on a 100gb capped account with crystalweb, for R279 pm, a couple of days back, I see openweb now offers similar package for R198 pm (actually the openweb offer is better as it is uncapped during 00:00 - 06:00).

I have been hearing mixed opinions about Openweb, does anyone here use openweb capped products and what are your experience with them?

Thanks!

I used Openweb for some time in the past on my 10Mbps line and their capped unshaped accounts was very good actually. Full speed 24/7 always which was nice.

You are referring to their new Everyday Capped Unshaped accounts and I have not used it before but since the old accounts are still on the website there must be a difference and since it's cheaper it might be worse.

If that does not scare you there is a 1 month notice period for cancellation so if it goes south then you will be stuck for a extra month there.

Have you tried Afrihost or Axxess. I recently switched to them and I feel their new network is a bit better for me than the IS based accounts. Their prices are also very good and they also offer the uncapped afterhours data.
 
Have you tried Afrihost or Axxess. I recently switched to them and I feel their new network is a bit better for me than the IS based accounts. Their prices are also very good and they also offer the uncapped afterhours data.

The other great thing about Afrihost is that they have an awesome cancellation policy. As long as you cancel before the 25th of the month your cancellation will be processed immediately, no questions asked. OpenWeb doesn't even allow you to cancel in their control panel. You actually have to email them to cancel. With Afrihost you just click on the cancel button in their control panel.
 
The other great thing about Afrihost is that they have an awesome cancellation policy. As long as you cancel before the 25th of the month your cancellation will be processed immediately, no questions asked. OpenWeb doesn't even allow you to cancel in their control panel. You actually have to email them to cancel. With Afrihost you just click on the cancel button in their control panel.

Yeah I would say that Afrihost has THE best control panel of ALL ISP's by far. It is such a joy to use it actually.
 
Only advice I can give is spare yourself a lot of pain and don't consider them. I had a terrible time with them, their solution for everything is new account and password - very shady getting a new account every few days.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X