MTN axes contract data prices again

blunt

Expert Member
Nice.. at least they are listening to consumers a bit. Not bad prices either, 1GB data is cheaper than Afrihost.

cavedog

Honorary Master
They dropped it even lower than what it was before looks like.... why did they not just drop it in the first place.

falcon786

Executive Member
Nice.. at least they are listening to consumers a bit. Not bad prices either, 1GB data is cheaper than Afrihost.
Yeah that 1gb price is excellent especially since that's around how much most smartphone users would need nowadays.

That being said though the only reason they are listening is because their GREEDY ways led to them loosing tons of customers,too late for me I wont trust them again.

CeeBee

Expert Member
"Users can also set it up so that MTN sends them an SMS notification when they are close to reaching their selected out-of-bundle spend value."
can you choose the SMS no? as on Vodacom u can get an SMS... but if the simcard is in a router, or u dont use the desktop connect software, you need to check the SMS Inbox to see it.
if can setup the SMS to send to your phone even if its for a data sim in router it could have benefit.
rgds

cozinsky

Expert Member
Vodacom's double data promotion ended yesterday. Aaargh. That was good value for money even better than this offering from MTN. I hope Vodacom will respond to these offerings from MTN.

Looks like things are starting to heat up.. Let's hope Cell C, Telkom and Vodacom strike back with even cheaper options.

sam7606

Too late...already cancelled my contract with MTN...not going back...

Venomous

Honorary Master