MTN Black Friday Discussions

airborne

Honorary Master
Just getting an error on my side, its Dual sim and have tried it across both numbers.

Error processing your request, please try again later.

Have emailed Roanne
I'm getting the same error, anyone else?

fff784b864d8fc73693ff7d1914065bf.jpg

Last edited:

airborne

Honorary Master
Is there anywhere else I can try activate datashare other than in the app?

Thanks, I'll give that a try.Tried that and it fails, says call 135, which is what I'll have to try if the app still doesn't work
Do you have Dual Call active? I know you cant have both Datashare and Dual Call at the same time.

airborne

Honorary Master
Do you have Dual Call active? I know you cant have both Datashare and Dual Call at the same time.
I don't think I have dual call active, the datashare on this number has worked flawlessly for the last 4yrs+, it was even working up till last night because for some reason old data that was being datashared from before the latest upgrades in November was still being rolled over and there was still 18gb left.

airborne

Honorary Master
I phoned 135 to try manually activate Datashare and the call centre person said they can't activate datashare because the number is still on the "old system" and datashare can only be activated once it's moved over to the new system.

Anyone else heard of this?

Primo

I don't think I have dual call active, the datashare on this number has worked flawlessly for the last 4yrs+, it was even working up till last night because for some reason old data that was being datashared from before the latest upgrades in November was still being rolled over and there was still 18gb left.
100% same scenario as you.. tried it all and cant get it to work.. last night was the turning point

Duke of Hazard

I have 2 sims on one number, Dual call or whatever and until December or so it worked fine with Datashare

airborne

Honorary Master
I've tried everything and it's not working.

Did the guys that have got functional datashare now have it working before last night's fix?

uzairb

I have always had the Data Share option switched on the the MTN app. Had 3 numbers added in there as well, although those numbers were unable to use the shared data post the last bf upgrade to the 400gb deal.

Last night whatever they did, switched the datashare toggle button off. If I try turn it on, I get "There was an error processing your request. Please try again later."

Also tried used to *136*5# then option 3 and again option 3... get response "You are not sharing any data bundle. To set up data share please contact your service provider."

Did the whole reboot device thing... no luck.. seems to me that the data share product/service is not added to line on MTN system. Will mail them back..

Zedwhy123

I have always had the Data Share option switched on the the MTN app. Had 3 numbers added in there as well, although those numbers were unable to use the shared data post the last bf upgrade to the 400gb deal.

Last night whatever they did, switched the datashare toggle button off. If I try turn it on, I get "There was an error processing your request. Please try again later."

Also tried used to *136*5# then option 3 and again option 3... get response "You are not sharing any data bundle. To set up data share please contact your service provider."

Did the whole reboot device thing... no luck.. seems to me that the data share product/service is not added to line on MTN system. Will mail them back..

Even though you get the error, your datashare will still activate.
I had the same error and datashare worked

Primo

Even though you get the error, your datashare will still activate.
I had the same error and datashare worked
Error pops up and then toggle remains inactive. No matter how many times it's tried.